Ryan Steffen
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am debating whether or not to take the plunge and buy this game. I read lots of good things about it, and it seems like a pretty good bang for your buck situation, which is always good.

My question is whether it's worth getting this game if I am already looking into getting into other fantasy/dungeon crawler games as well?

I recently purchased Mage Knight because I got a great deal on it and am looking forward to trying that out, and I got in on the Kickstarter for Gloomhaven reprint. So, I'm just wondering if buying a 3rd game in this genre is a good idea? I guess the other thing to consider is that it's now OOP, but does seem like their's alot of cool fan-made content available....just don't know how likely I'd be to print all that out too.

I'm mostly a solo gamer so far too, not that any of that matters.

Thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very cheap so your return on investment should not be a problem. It solos well and scales just as well. The cherry on top is the designers have indicated they plan on releasing more game content using this mechanism (just not using the Wharhammer Quest IP). The new content is supposed to be compatible with the old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
It's very cheap so your return on investment should not be a problem. It solos well and scales just as well. The cherry on top is the designers have indicated they plan on releasing more game content using this mechanism (just not using the Wharhammer Quest IP). The new content is supposed to be compatible with the old.

If the IP is different how would the new be compatible with old? I mean sure mechanically it might work but don't you think it would look ridiculous?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parker
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the value is there for the money. Also, if you enjoy print-and-play content, the community has been developing some content to extend the life of this game further as well. I think there is plenty of opportunities for replayability here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.