-elementalist.. i think is his name

so far my character has :
- recommended goggles
- boots of +2 speed
- potion of stamina

- 1x added +3 in my deck
- 3x added muddle in my deck
- 1x added immunity from scenario effect

but now... i'm really wondering where i should put my hard earned gold and experience in ( we are lacking a little bit of damage )

what i was thinking :
Spoiler (click to reveal)

- the net thrower item adding immobolised to 1 range attack might be really nice on my range aoe

- the deep pocket cloack item alowing me to cary 2 potions

- i could also add strenghten to my best heal, but i'm not sure what would it be

- i could add a effect or area to flamethrower .. might be a good idea

i'm kinda lost in front of all the proposition! love this game

so i'm wondering what my fellow tinkerer ended up doing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MATTHEW THOMPSON
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
LouisDavid wrote:

what i was thinking :

- the net thrower item adding immobolised to 1 range attack might be really nice on my range aoe

- the deep pocket cloack item alowing me to cary 2 potions

- i could also add strenghten to my best heal, but i'm not sure what would it be

- i could add a effect or area to flamethrower .. might be a good idea

i'm kinda lost in front of all the proposition! love this game

so i'm wondering what my fellow tinkerer ended up doing

about that first item
I noticed, unlike a lot of other items, it doesn't say "on the entire attack", leading me to believe it only immobilizes a single target, even when used on an aoe. It's the main reason my CH sold it back.
which is probably why it's a tap and not a consumed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoffman
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor power potion would be a nice cheap addition. Great with flamethrower, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ehnaching cards is awesome especially if you have money to add stun, poison or wound effect

(there is a card with stun where you can add poison making it great if I remember correctly)

the harrow is also good since you do low damage but with pierce it can do some damage to many type of monsters

the deep pocket is always good but you cannot pass potions
and also healing is good but you have already many heals with high values enough for your comrades

there is also a thread in strategy for the cards of the tinkerer that I used a lot (I opened it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonio8080 wrote:
ehnaching cards is awesome especially if you have money to add stun, poison or wound effect

You can't add stun via enhancement. Disarm is nice though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Invisibility cloak enables you to be much more agressive if you lack damage, and is highly recommended.

Also, take the perks that remove the negativ cards from your deck first, their expected value is so much higher than the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added Strengthen on the lowest initiative heal card, because I figured that would be the most useful time to strengthen an Ally...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stein Arild Killi
Norway
flag msg tools
CrushU wrote:
I added Strengthen on the lowest initiative heal card, because I figured that would be the most useful time to strengthen an Ally...

I believe that to be an excellent choice! Worst case scenario you can strengthen yourself for the current and next round!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from reading all this, i'm thinking of adding wound to my stun gun

and adding strenghten to one of low initiative heal ( to the top part )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lucus Trout
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LouisDavid wrote:

I did both of those and am quite happy with the results. Then I took the level 1 action that targets 2 enemies and upgraded it to curse and add a third target (My Tinkerer is level 9, having a very slow retirement condition). It's expensive but if you plan on playing Tinkerer it really helps. Also paired with a certain locked class it's juuuuust bonkers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G F
United States
California
flag msg tools
I play Tinkerer a bit differently. First of all, it's always most beneficial to thin out your attack deck prior to adding in rolling modifiers as bonus effects. At level 6 with 3 extra perks I've gotten my deck down to having into a single -1 and a null as negative cards and everything else is either +0 or a positive effect. This alone should boost your damage output. In addition, I always buy blessings from the temple of the oak prior to the start of the scenario.

I like to combo enhancement field bottom +1 to self and all adjacent allies with minor power potion and eagle eye goggles with in bomb, net thrower, or flame thrower. With a thinned attack deck and blessings I can often pull out multiple crits on a cluster of enemies putting out massive AOE damage that rivals the other true damage classes in our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Guy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
From the OP, I would replace the Boots of Speed with Winged Boots. Now jump over your enemies and pull them backwards onto a trap with your Hook Gun. Trap damage is nice and this action tends to split up the enemies so they are not all moving the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðbrandur Magnússon
msg tools
I put strenghten on the level 2 heal. Its great incentive to repeatedly keep yourself and your friends extra healthy. Wound on the stun is obviously good, you can also consider poison, single target low damage stuns are typically used to make an elite foe safe to approach, its not unusual for such a foe to then get targetted by 3+ attacks in the next round, actually making poison superior to wound in that circumstance.

For perks. I like the +1 wounds, followed by taking out as many bad cards as possible. Also the wonderful +3.

A warning about the net. If you have a Brute then you can expect the net to be absolutely useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
LouisDavid wrote:

If you enhance a bottom heal, you can use strengthen for two attacks. Though you don't get to move for the first one which can be a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
You don't have a weapon yet? Get a Piercing Bow. It combos very nicely with your area effect and multitarget attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.