Subject: Utmost Savage Japanese moutain question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How on earth is one supposed to overcome the 8 strength Japanese units in the mountains?
As far as I can tell, I can only reduce their Net strength by adding fire tokens, so I need three fire tokens to have a fighting chance (a win on a roll of 5 or 6), but how can i get three or even two fire tokens on a mountain, if the fires go out on mountains during the End Phase? And there are 6 Japanese mountain units, three of strength 7, and three of 8!

Am i missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you are. It is extremely tough to clear Bloody Nose Ridge in this game. You can get three fire tokens in the same turn with a Colonel, a Pioneer, and a Corsair if you draw one. And don't forget that if you go in when Morale is still on the Gung Ho side, you get to re-roll any and all d6 from the first roll, regardless of the initial results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you, that's what I figured, but my commanders are getting sniped into the out of action box and I've yet to be able to bring enough back to make a difference. This is from a Beach Amber approach. I'm going to try concentrating the main landing on Beach Orange/Beach White to see if that delays the Bloody Nose Ridge enough to draw supply tokens required to redeploy commanders. But then I risk being Shaken before i get to the ridge, making 6s harder to roll. Hey ho!

Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.