Subject: New board game cafe and bar in Wellington rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah B
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Penfold: Have you got something clever up your sleeve, DM? Dangermouse: Only my arm, Penfold, and that's no cleverer than the rest of me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite possibly very late to this news, but there's a new board game cafe and bar at 211 Victoria Street: Counter Culture.

Ahmed Bulbulia
New Zealand
Wellington
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Eccles
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I for one am glad you posted this.

I already knew about the cafe but when searching online for it (using duck duck go and google) to find the address and what games they had etc. I only got irrelevant results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That place looks great! Wish they were in Hamilton.

Glad they went with a flat rate to play. I know Cakes and Ladders in Auckland have an hourly fee, which would put me off going there (were I in Auckland). $5 to play for as long as you like is just so much easier.

Menu looks cool too.

Kudos to the owners, who I believe are modelling the business off Snakes and Lattes from Canada.

If I get to Wellington, I'll be there to support you, even if I only have time for coffee. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elgar Storm
New Zealand
flag msg tools
We dropped in a couple of days after it opened since we were up in Wellington for that weekend (Armageddon + Wellycon). It is a cool space. Lots of games. Friendly staff. Good food. I think if we were local we would consider the occasional outing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Can I play MTG?" NO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
"Can I play MTG?" NO

I think the FAQs on the site explain why MTG is a no-goer, in that there are other venues in Wellingtn set up for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Taylor
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
Wellington
flag msg tools
Lol
badge
Wut
mbmbmbmbmb
Counter Culture Website wrote:
10. Can I bring my own games in?

No. We have hundreds of games, and hopefully we have the game you want to play anyway. Please let us know if there is a game you are desperately wanting to play that we don’t have. We’re constantly ordering new stock, so your wish might come true.

11. Can I play Magic the Gathering (or Dungeons and Dragons)?

No. There are already well-established locations to host these role-playing games, e.g. Cerberus Game (Level 1, 66 Dixon St).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glutnix wrote:
Counter Culture Website wrote:
10. Can I bring my own games in?

No. We have hundreds of games, and hopefully we have the game you want to play anyway. Please let us know if there is a game you are desperately wanting to play that we don’t have. We’re constantly ordering new stock, so your wish might come true.

11. Can I play Magic the Gathering (or Dungeons and Dragons)?

No. There are already well-established locations to host these role-playing games, e.g. Cerberus Game (Level 1, 66 Dixon St).

Magic: The Gathering is a role-playing game, I learn something everyday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Bulbulia
New Zealand
Wellington
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, WE know that M:TG is a CCG, not an RPG, but our website designer doesn't. We will fix this at some point, but not high on our priority list at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Willis
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited this over the weekend while up in Wellington. It was fantastic and appeared popular with a great environment. If I was a local I would visit regularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.