Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Bennett
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone help me on this?! I was wondering about the way you stack the wind because It isn't clear in the rules.
After a wind token is on the board can you later(say 3 turns in) but another wind token on it creating a whirlwind.

I assumed when you play a whirlwind its however many you have in your hand at the time and must do the stacking when you play the token the first time.

I understand the rule of having 4 wind tokens limit on making a whirlwind. but the earth is clear on playing another one after one was put down to make a mountain. Wind it does not really say it so I played as if you couldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Good question. I couldn't find the definitive answer. We always played it you can stack it in later turns, like Earth.

However, I can easily see now how that might not be the proper way to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my understanding, there is no turn restrictions. Any pre existing element stones can be modified by placement of stones on future turns.

So if I place air on turn 1, and it is still there 5 turns later, a player can add to it following stack limit rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richie
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
All stones remain active during play. So yes, you can add to a Wind stone and create a whirlwind. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bennett
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Mike,

It helps alot. The more I thought about it the more it seemed like it should be that way. There is way more stratagy when you can add on top of it. And the odds of getting 4 wind to play at once seemed to not be a common thing to happen.

Thanks for making it Clear can't wait to tell my friends and play the game more. Its super addictive they love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deep Fish
msg tools
Mike, any reason why you guys decided to stack wind stones "Up to four high" and not higher ie 5 or more? Just curious! It finally came up in a game but 4 was enough fortunately! Great times when you encounter new scenarios...

@ Christopher Bennett:

Agree the game is so addictive and so rewarding to play.

I was trapped by my bro and pulled out x4 wind stones! Original position was the square above the 4 stacked wind stones. And you can see my exit.

Tbh, I still have trouble counting the correct number of squares hopped after stacking or sequence of stones for some reason. Hopefully I did move correctly above?

Also notice how beautiful this game was, with the huge passive effect of the Mountain range, the fire patterns creating corner-Ls and the locked in one corner River guarding that space! Of course my luck led to me winning but that is definitely the most lucky draw at the right time I've so far ever experienced in Element: Jaw dropped to the ground moment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.