Deadball» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pitchers vs L & R rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L Rod
msg tools
mb
Good evening

When the pitchers face a batter that is the same hand as them does everyone switch the dice like it states in the rules? I am trying to figure out if I should ignore this since I just started playing. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Yes! It's a part of baseball strategy. However to be more realistic I generally only give the boost vs. Lefty. If you're new to baseball or tabletop baseball, nothing wrong with skipping that rule altogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Akers
msg tools
designer
publisher
lukerod4 wrote:
Good evening

When the pitchers face a batter that is the same hand as them does everyone switch the dice like it states in the rules? I am trying to figure out if I should ignore this since I just started playing. Thoughts?

I'll confess that I've actually quit playing with the L/R rule lately, as while it makes the game a lot more interesting, it also slows the game down a bit. Try it and see how you like it.

An alternate version of the rule is to subtract 3 or 5 points from the BT when the pitcher has an advantage. If you find mental math less taxing than switching a die, you might prefer that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Rod
msg tools
mb
Thanks for your reply. I am looking at playing some game from 1985
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Leiker
United States
Friday Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ouijum wrote:
lukerod4 wrote:
Good evening

I'll confess that I've actually quit playing with the L/R rule lately, as while it makes the game a lot more interesting, it also slows the game down a bit. Try it and see how you like it.

I've also stopped using the L/R split as I found it slowed the game down and also I would start making mistakes in the opposite direction of the split several times a game.

I like the simpler, quicker game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.