4 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does Tantrum's Lashback activate if he is defeated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson Cheung
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If Tantrum is defeated by an attack and he has lashback, does it activate. The reason I ask is that the description for his lashback does not mention the limitation on the baddie's lashback.

For the baddies:

Lashback # - If hit by an adjacent opposing unit, this unit will immediately do # Dmg back (cannot Lashback on a blow that defeats this unit)

For Tantrum:

Lashback (A) - When hit by an adjacent Baddie, you may do # Dmg in return.

I played it last night, Tantrum was defeated in a battle but I had him activate Lashback on KO which managed to take out a baddie. If he hadn't done, the remaining party member would have been outnumbered badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's nothing explicitly stated in the rules, but other abilities that are shared by baddies and gearlocs act in the same way. Without Tantrum's sheet making a point of an exception special to him, it would seem his backlash acts the same.

Thematically, if Tantrum is knocked out, he's not going to be able to mount a counter attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duggie Dowling
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I'm terribly sorry... but I probably wasn't listening.
badge
I vote for Shenanigans and Monkey Business.
mbmbmbmbmb
On the revised Gearloc Adventuring Guide available at the CTG website, the rule for Lashback now reads like this.
'After this unit is damaged by an adjacent opposing unit, this unit will then do # Dmg back, so long as it was not defeated.'

I really think this is intended to apply to all forms of Lashback, so my thought is that the answer to your initial question is 'No, Tantrum's Lashback does not activate if he is defeated.'

Edit: For clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson Cheung
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, I did look at the latest revisions on the CTG website, just wondering why the 2nd edition sheet for Tantrum missed that part out.

But I agree I think they should match and will play it like that from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.