Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Scott
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DraedGhawl wrote:
I believe I have succeeded and added this mode. It has been tested a bit and added to the website. I now got to prepare dinner so I currently don't have more time for testing.

This nailed it, thanks!!

Now if we could choose to exclude expansions from the list(s), it would be perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DraedGhawl wrote:
DraedGhawl wrote:
scotjn1 wrote:
I just accidentally found this amazing tool, and it (almost) fills a need for me that I've been trying to fill off-and-on for a couple months. It's certainly the closest/easiest/best so far even without this feature request:

Could you add a checkbox that specifies NOT for the "against" list? It may not be applicable for all combinations, but here's my use case. I have a friend that likes to play as many new-to-him games as possible. He logs all of his first-plays to keep track of games he's played at least once. I frequently take "new" games to his house to play with him, but I struggle keeping track of what he's played from my collection.

Now I can easily see what he HAS played from my collection (compare Owned from me to Played from him) and could just look at the inverse while browsing my shelf, but it would be even easier if I could simply create the list from which to grab games (compare Owned from me to NOT Played from him).

Even if this does not happen, I am bookmarking your tool to use as the gold standard!

Will add this to my todo list. I will soon have some time for this

I believe I have succeeded and added this mode. It has been tested a bit and added to the website. I now got to prepare dinner so I currently don't have more time for testing.
No problem; we'll test it for you.

Nice job. Currently if you list your expansions played at < 1 like I do, they still show up as unplayed. Also, played games will show up underneath the list of unplayed (or whatever criteria you are excluding).

scotjn1 wrote:
Now if we could choose to exclude expansions from the list(s), it would be perfect.
Exactly what I was gonna say. Well, maybe not in those exact words laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scotjn1 wrote:
DraedGhawl wrote:

This nailed it, thanks!!

Done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:

Nice job. Currently if you list your expansions played at < 1 like I do, they still show up as unplayed. Also, played games will show up underneath the list of unplayed (or whatever criteria you are excluding).

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean here. Are you referring to a problem or are you providing a solution for the exclude expansions request?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬ Stephanie ♩♪♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♪♫♪
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DraedGhawl wrote:
flaeryn wrote:

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean here. Are you referring to a problem or are you providing a solution for the exclude expansions request?
Well, you latest addition basically takes care of the 1st part.

I was only making a note that played games still show up underneath. I don't think this is a problem, really, but it is a little messy.

Others might want it hidden, but I'm not sure it needs to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
DraedGhawl wrote:
flaeryn wrote:

Well, you latest addition basically takes care of the 1st part.

I was only making a note that played games still show up underneath. I don't think this is a problem, really, but it is a little messy.

Others might want it hidden, but I'm not sure it needs to be.

Ahh I think I understand. Well, it does what Jacob wants it to do, but the "not mode" does even more by also checking what's on the 2nd list, that's not on the first. I could make it that it only works 1 way and call it "Jacob mode" , but I guess this works as well for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Scott
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DraedGhawl wrote:
scotjn1 wrote:
DraedGhawl wrote:

This nailed it, thanks!!

Done

Thanks!!! This is now a go-to tool for me. Not that often, but invaluable when needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
http://draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/
Or click here to compare a collection to a geeklist!
http://draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.htm...

When using the comparison tool to check a geeklist against a collection I am getting this constantly and no list comes up

List is empty or your request is in the queue. Please go back and try again

or an error page

Quote:
Warning: simplexml_load_file(): http://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/geeklist/229113:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/draedghawl/draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.php on line 12

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): Saving filename geeklistxml_ab71d9df51e87e9d476ea19bb355a1e6 in /home/draedghawl/draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.php on line 12

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /home/draedghawl/draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.php on line 12

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on boolean in /home/draedghawl/draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.php on line 30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tawnos76 wrote:
http://draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/
Or click here to compare a collection to a geeklist!
http://draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.htm...

When using the comparison tool to check a geeklist against a collection I am getting this constantly and no list comes up

List is empty or your request is in the queue. Please go back and try again

or an error page

Quote:
Warning: simplexml_load_file(): http://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/geeklist/229113:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /home/draedghawl/draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.php on line 12

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): Saving filename geeklistxml_ab71d9df51e87e9d476ea19bb355a1e6 in /home/draedghawl/draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.php on line 12

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /home/draedghawl/draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.php on line 12

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on boolean in /home/draedghawl/draedghawl.shalom.craimer.org/compare_to_geeklist.php on line 30

I see that your collection is rather large. So that will take a while before it's ready on BGG's side. Unfortunately I haven't been able to build in charmander into that functionality yet, so your only option is to wait after you submitted it and try again in a few minutes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tool currently doesn't work, because of problems on BGG's side. Keep an eye on this thread for updates:
XMLAPI outages planned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Chavez
United States
LOS ANGELES
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if you're still working on this, but if you are it would be nice when comparing to a user to a geeklist to also link to the item in the list in the results. Thank you, great tool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oopstoons wrote:
I'm not sure if you're still working on this, but if you are it would be nice when comparing to a user to a geeklist to also link to the item in the list in the results. Thank you, great tool!

If I understood correctly then it should do that now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |