Subject: Can Trump block Twitter Users? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/06/technology/trump-block-twitt...

Interesting concept, and one I agree with. Although this issue with his personal account may be more dicey, his Presidential account should not block anyone for merely stating an opinion, or critizizing him. If you can't handle the heat in the kitchen, get out ot the kitchen!

I suspect their lawyers would even argue that, if he discusses his duties as President, in an official capacity, on his personal account, then that would be subject to the same rules as his Presidential account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand the case, the person suing claims that Trump uses his personal account for discussions of offical policy as POTUS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/06/technology/trump-block-twitt...

Interesting concept, and one I agree with. Although this issue with his personal account may be more dicey, his Presidential account should not block anyone for merely stating an opinion, or critizizing him. If you can't handle the heat in the kitchen, get out ot the kitchen!

I suspect their lawyers would even argue that, if he discusses his duties as President, in an official capacity, on his personal account, then that would be subject to the same rules as his Presidential account.

Thin skinned weasels always try to avoid the filet knife. Just watch all the historical footage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
WWOD?

What would Octavian do?

Make Twitter Great Again

(by banning all the right-wing trolls and conspiracy nuts)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/opinions/trump-twitter-first-a...

Laughs, the woman got blocked because she was negative about Trump, on his twitter feed. Someone has a really thin skin, but this is nothing new. It may, however, be subject to a court case in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I say he should be able to, because policy is also discussed in other places so he is not denying her access to anything but his personal account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump's Twitter addiction has led to all sorts of interesting wrinkles about official use of the wacky Internet. In particular, Republicans are constantly trying to spin the idea that the stupid shit Trump says on Twitter doesn't count because it's social media. It's not a particularly compelling argument, given that Trump does 99% of his communicating on Twitter, but they're trying.

This was an inevitable dilemma, although I'm surprised it was a Baby Boomer of all people that brought it to the forefront.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the Secret Service would take kindly to people joking about assassinating Trump on his Twitter feed. Somehow, I am certain that the ignorance of the laws excuse wouldn't apply. Even if they prefaced it with "I hope."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/politics/office-of-special-cou...

Not a block, but using Twitter for political purposes (campaigning), a no-no apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.