Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any what to do if you have either building and then pull a hero off the top of the deck/random from discard pile? The rules indicate to 'use its effect'. Does that mean that you get the hero for free, but then have to pay its upkeep in future rounds if you want to keep him? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Pavera
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this that this ability was limited to base game creature deck cards. So it means that if you would find hero, or Kemet reinforcement (C3K) you would get simply nothing just simply discard this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That could work, since you get to do this once a turn. I'd be curious on an official ruling though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BMAJTZ wrote:
We played this that this ability was limited to base game creature deck cards. So it means that if you would find hero, or Kemet reinforcement (C3K) you would get simply nothing just simply discard this card.

This seems harsh as it dilutes the effectiveness of the monument simply based on whether you included other expansions or not. At minimum, you should re-draw until you get a creature.

I imagine though it'd work for Heroes as well and you acquire them for free, but must still of course pay upkeep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
charlest wrote:
BMAJTZ wrote:

This seems harsh as it dilutes the effectiveness of the monument simply based on whether you included other expansions or not. At minimum, you should re-draw until you get a creature.

I imagine though it'd work for Heroes as well and you acquire them for free, but must still of course pay upkeep.

Definitely way too harsh, as these two buildings already look terrible in comparison to the great Temple of Zeus (which I like very much desing wise). The latter lets you draw up to 3 creatures for free and only then you decide whether to spend money on them or not. There are nuances like, if not they are available to other players too, but in general it's so much better than spending your precious fleet/troop to buy a pig in a poke. Even without heroes: creatures can be so situational. Like drawing Manticore with no heroes from other players present, stealing from Nekropolis etc.

As one of the buildings mentioned (I think temple of Poseidon) lets you draw creatures from discard pile you could of course take out heroes for drawing (but only for this one, not for the other). But still very weak imho. Not only in comparison to the temple of Zeus but imho to the academy buildings that provide fleet/troops for free too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.