Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flame Demon 633 Wind Demon 648, 651 Sun Demon 652, 659 Night Demon 667 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carmine Migliore
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attack +0
Target all adjacent enemies - to the target or to the monster? I would say to the target given that the demon has a range.

AoE attack, Wind Demon has range. I understand that this is a melee attack but does the monster get disantvantage?

This is true to other monsters as well. First statement on the card is Shield 1... If the monster has a base shield already does this sum up to their base shield or what? I am confused by the absence of a +.

Heal 3 Range 3 - is there a priority if 2 or more monsters have lost the same amount of HP? Does he heal the closest to die monster?

Spend any element to infuse Light? If Light is strong and any other element is waning does that element get spent? Instead what if Light is Waning and any element is Strong?

Move +0
Attack +1
All adjacent enemies and allies suffer 1 damage - to the target or to the monster himself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for formatting, on phone.
In order:
Adjacent to monster. This becomes a melee attack.
No disadvantage, this is a melee attack.
Shield always stacks.
Where there is ambiguities, players make the decision.
Players make the decision on the element, so you could always consume light to make light. Light will be strong after this turn as long as at least one element was waning or strong prior to the turn.
If it doesn't explicitly state, it is adjacent to the monster.

Edit: fix error in first response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trang VP
Australia
flag msg tools
Jason is spot on, on every answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryker1979 wrote:
In order:
Adjacent to target. This becomes a melee attack.

If it becomes a melee attack, wouldn't it be adjacent to the monster? Otherwise it would be Target X, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Stryker1979 wrote:
In order:

If it becomes a melee attack, wouldn't it be adjacent to the monster? Otherwise it would be Target X, no?

The attacks consisting of the colored grey and red hexes are considered melee attacks, where the grey hex is the location of the figure performing the attack (pg. 21 of the rules). Because of the hex configuration, it's possible to perform a melee attack against a nonadjacent target.

I'm assuming that the card here is of that nature, but I can't check at the moment.

Edit: But perhaps I misunderstood your question?

I just had a look at the card through the webapp and you're right. It should be adjacent to the monster (source). The source is an older thread on card 633 and I've linked Isaac's response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Stryker1979 wrote:
In order:

Yep, typo, I'll fix it, good catch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryker1979 wrote:
In order:
No disadvantage, this is a melee attack.
Shield always stacks.
Where there is ambiguities, players make the decision.
Players make the decision on the element, so you could always consume light to make light. Light will be strong after this turn as long as at least one element was waning or strong prior to the turn.
If it doesn't explicitly state, it is adjacent to the monster.

After soloing 20 games, whenever the fairly frequent "players make the decision" situation occurs, I prefer to randomize/roll a die to determine the decision. I do this because I am not playing with the solo difficulty bump suggested in the rules.

^^^just my 2 cents that no one asked for^^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trang VP
Australia
flag msg tools
Stryker1979 wrote:
Yep, typo, I'll fix it, good catch

I didn't even catch it myself! I just read it as what was intended, my bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.