Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've missed the train on the Firelands expansion. Judging by the high prices, it's out of print everywhere.
Is there no chance of it getting reprinted?

Oh, well, at least I got the Cataclysm expansion before the print ran out.

I own all the other expansions save for Deep Realms and Harbinger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say get it while you can. It won't be reprinted. At least not the FFG version ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Serious is serious.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, get it while you can if you really want them. I'm glad you at least got Cataclysm though! Best expansion ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon doesn't list any sellers that can ship this expansion to Israel, anyway.

I could get it on Ebay, but would have to pay triple rate with shipping.
I wanted it more for the extra characters and the terrain cards
Guess I'll do without.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GW is supposed to be releasing a new edition(?) of Talisman at some point but I haven't seen any news or detail since the announced this a few months back. I think most of us believe it will be a new edition and not a reprint of the FFG 4th edition.

If they do release a new edition at least some will dump their 4th edition collection and prices will probably drop.

The Talisman digital app is looking like it will implement all the 4th edition expansions. That is one way to get a complete set.

There are also some Facebook board game sell and trade groups -- various Talisman expansions do come up from time to time there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talisman as you know it, through the lens of FFG, is dead. GW will likely give it a considerable makeover in one of their own universes. Get your oop copies while you can. Two relatively close FLGS's nearby me still have more than a few copies of many exp's. So they're still out there waiting to be given good homes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Anderson
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A (trustworthy) little bird told me, "October, exactly the same, but without the FFG name".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyInJapan wrote:
A (trustworthy) little bird told me, "October, exactly the same, but without the FFG name".

That would be interesting but how can GW release a game without skulls everywhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AndyInJapan wrote:
If that means 5e expansions will be compatibile with my ffg version, that would be amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great. I am still hoping for a German version of The Deep Realms, to complete my 4th edition collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that FFG will give GW permission to use their card backs so that the editions will become compatible.

The FFG version of Talisman is complete - all corner boards, some great small goodies, and especially with the the rest of the Realms published by talismanisland.com.

GW's Talisman will be likely set in Age of Sigmar. Or maybe not. I don't care meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I don't think that FFG will give GW permission to use their card backs so that the editions will become compatible.

Didn't GW bring out the first version of 4th edition though? So technically wouldn't the Adventure deck, spell deck etc backs be their card backs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Didn't GW bring out the first version of 4th edition though? So technically wouldn't the Adventure deck, spell deck etc backs be their card backs?
No, the "first 4th edition" was Black Industries with their own design of card backs. FFG took over and did the "revised 4th edition" and they offered for the owners of the Black Industries edition a conversion kit (with cards matching their backs). meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
panzer-attack wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

No, the "first 4th edition" was Black Industries with their own design of card backs. FFG took over and did the "revised 4th edition" and they offered for the owners of the Black Industries edition a conversion kit (with cards matching their backs). meeple

Black Industries was Games Workshop. It was just the name they used to publish their non-core games (mostly roleplaying stuff). But it was as much Games Workshop as Citadel Miniatures are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
PzVIE wrote:
panzer-attack wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Black Industries was Games Workshop. It was just the name they used to publish their non-core games (mostly roleplaying stuff). But it was as much Games Workshop as Citadel Miniatures are.
O wow, thanks Jim, now I've learned something new! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
panzer-attack wrote:
PzVIE wrote:
panzer-attack wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

O wow, thanks Jim, now I've learned something new! wow

Never really understood why they couldn't just publish those games under the Games Workshop name and sell them in actual Games Workshop stores but hey, that was 10 years ago when GW did a lot of odd things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well , looks like I'm in luck regarding the Firelands expansion. Amazon changed the listing for this add-on and now it ships from another importer to Israel.

It's still costly, but bearable. I also got a few more games to mitigate the shipping fees.

I've gotten a sudden craving to own all expansions for the game.
So now I'm only lacking Woodland, Nether Realm and Harbinger.

Deep Realms isn't really interesting to me since it expands the corner boards themselves.

As for The Woodland, and all big box expansions, I prefer to play them in standalone variants or with other side boards, but without the main board, because in this way the theme of each side board comes through stronger,and the game doesn't take as much space

I'll look into getting The Woodland next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten the Cataclysm expansion in the mail today.

The new board looks great!
Can't see myself playing the old board again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked with FLGS supplier. GW will be reprinting all expansions, for those who missed out, without the FFG logo. ETA Q4 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kentharious wrote:
Just checked with FLGS supplier. GW will be reprinting all expansions, for those who missed out, without the FFG logo. ETA Q4 2017.
Without knowing any details, it sounds like bullshit to me.
GW owns Talisman, but not necessarily all the artwork and additional game development FFG produced.
Unless, that all was negotiated in the split. Doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprint is by GW. Please check with your FLGS. I've already made my pre-orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - color me surprised. Looks like it's actually going to happen.
This gaming world is a crazy weird place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is obviously fantastic news for those that may have missed any of the expansions, or are new to Talisman

Not sure how this is possibly good news for established fans that already have everything created by FF..Especially if, as hinted at it's identical to the FF version.

I will wait for official news before I decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locherbread wrote:
Especially if, as hinted at it's identical to the FF version.

Well there's 'identical' and there's 'functionally identical' (there's also 'identical+errata').

Identical is just that. Copy>paste>off to the printers.

Functionally identical would have the same card back, and card size, but the art/font/etc... on the front could be wildly different (e.g. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE).
They could even possibly pull an "upgrade pack" again, and still get away with 'identical'.

Identical+errata is basically the first option, but they clarify the wording a bit to directly address FAQ issues and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've heard. Its not going to be identical. Its going to be somewhat compatible with FFG. But they will be reprinting the whole lot, in 4th ed, and the new reprint will be 100% compatible with each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |