Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Deep Future» Forums » Rules

Subject: One never has the chance to choose advancements on worlds, correct? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Only on Techs, and only once per card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Raley
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see nothing that prevents you from choosing an advancement on a world. The rules say "In any of these cases, if there is not yet a circle..." and advancing a world is one of those cases.

In support of this, Figure 1-3 shows a world with a circled advancement. This indicates that the advancement was chosen rather than randomly selected (the suit would have been random, while the advancement within the suit would have been chosen).

I cannot think of a way for there to be more than one chosen advancement on a world. There are a couple ways to do so on Techs, though. The most common of these I encounter is Physics, which allows you to choose an additional advancement when advancing a Tech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The rwinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Come read my Arkham Horror stories on Twitter @ArkhamHorror
badge
Image courtesy of Smizmazmarlemagne
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
Only on Techs, and only once per card.

No, you can indeed choose an advancement on worlds as with techs. But it will not be the first advancement, which is always random and created during the settle action (so you have slightly less control of what worlds are like at the start). Right after the bullets describing advancing, the rules indicate that the choosing and circling applies to any of the cases discussed, which would include advancing worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the way the rules are formatted, it was difficult to parse what "any of these cases" was referring to.

Thanks for the quick replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.