Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"Cambot! Gypsy! Tom Servo! Crooooow!"
badge
“Look at me! I’m dancin’! I’m dancin’!” (Claptrap)
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently I played Treasure Hunter, by Richard Garfield. I was immediately reminded of Seasons when I read the rules for 9-card drafting. The overwhelming consensus is that Seasons plays best with two, and Treasure Hunter has a very interesting twist on its drafting exclusively for two player games: instead of 2 steps, viz., (1) pick a card, and (2) pass the hand, Garfield added an additional 9-card draw deck for each player and expanded the draft to 4 steps, viz., (1) draw a card from your deck and add it to the hand, (2) pick a card, (3) discard a card, (4) pass the hand.

We're on our second game using this variant at the very moment of this posting, but I'd be interested to see what everyone else's thoughts or experiences are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
ZomBub wrote:
Recently I played Treasure Hunter, by Richard Garfield. I was immediately reminded of Seasons when I read the rules for 9-card drafting. The overwhelming consensus is that Seasons plays best with two, and Treasure Hunter has a very interesting twist on its drafting exclusively for two player games: instead of 2 steps, viz., (1) pick a card, and (2) pass the hand, Garfield added an additional 9-card draw deck for each player and expanded the draft to 4 steps, viz., (1) draw a card from your deck and add it to the hand, (2) pick a card, (3) discard a card, (4) pass the hand.

We're on our second game using this variant at the very moment of this posting, but I'd be interested to see what everyone else's thoughts or experiences are.

I can't wait to try this- but it seems like there might be some rather high scores!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baier
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would modify Nathan Davis's Dark Draft option.

Each round gets you 3 cards, so the pool would be total of 30 cards. 12 of those would wind up discarded during the draft, which could be kept aside or reshuffled into the draw deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
I can't wait to try this- but it seems like there might be some rather high scores!

Maybe just a little higher...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cecil Deveau
United States
Stonington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you clarify the steps a bit more? I can't seem to grasp what exactly this would entail, but I'd like to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morscordis wrote:
Could you clarify the steps a bit more? I can't seem to grasp what exactly this would entail, but I'd like to try it out.

Check out page six of the rule-book for Treasure Hunter, the section titled "Rules changes for a 2-player game":

https://images-cdn.asmodee.us/filer_public/3c/86/3c8678f5-99...

This has now become the exclusive way to play Seasons with two in our group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.