Hide
8 Posts

Rise of Tribes» Forums » General

Subject: other language versions (german) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tamidor Winddancer
msg tools
Is there a chance of having a german version.
There is some interest in the german boards but german version would help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Brooks
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tamidor wrote:

From the publisher:

"we'd love to put this in other languages and share the game. Right now, we need to focus on English, but if you have any suggestions for people who do translations, happy to have contacts"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beehive23 wrote:
Tamidor wrote:

From the publisher:

"we'd love to put this in other languages and share the game. Right now, we need to focus on English, but if you have any suggestions for people who do translations, happy to have contacts"

I tried several times to get in touch via Facebook, I was talking to the representative of the official Rise of Tribes Facebook group and he assured me he would forward my message. With MEEPLE CIRCUS we localize, co-finance, publish and distribute games for the German-speaking market. We were interested in running a crowdfunding campaign on a German platform to raise funds for the localization of RoT. It is a bit late to start that now but we are still interested in translating the game for you. We have a track record of many professionally translated games and worked with many publishers. Check www.boardgamecircus.com for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamidor Winddancer
msg tools
Yes, please. so there is still hope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There could be hope! Did you see this dialog on the Rise of Tribes Facebook page? The French "coalition" seems to be making progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamidor Winddancer
msg tools
A german version would definitely get a lot of german backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tamidor wrote:
A german version would definitely get a lot of german backers.

The numbers of German backers on Kickstarter campaigns aren't often as strong as they could be. For various reasons, one of them being missing translations. However, there is more to it. When we, Board Game Circus/Meeple Circus, plan to publish a game we use German crowdfunding and we actively promote it to the German media partner network. German reviews are essential.

For an international publisher it is absolutely worth it, investing in a German translation. Not only because of Kickstarter, the market after that (FLGS in the German-speaking area) will only work with the game if it has a printed German version. Germany and the German-speaking countries are an interesting market because many people play board games over here and then there is SPIEL in Essen of course. An event where you can easily sell hundreds of games in just a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for demonstrating great interest in Rise of Tribes Daniel. I don't doubt that the conversation started here has continued privately. Rise of Tribes has 5,000+ backers kickstarting the game to life. I'm sure looking forward to seeing where the story goes next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.