Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions.
Stacking is three units for the German player & and two for the Allied player normally (7.1, 19.3). Per 19.3, headquarters count as normal units for stacking. However for the allies up to three units may be in the same hex only if one or more of the units is an allied HQ.
So can the Allies stack three units plus the headquarters unit in a hex or two units plus the headquarters unit in a hex? Since the headquarters unit cannot enter an enemy zone of control and must retreat if it finds itself in an enemy zone of control before combat, even if it is stacked with friendly units. So how do you interpret this rule 19.3?

27.0 Tactical Air Power.
The allies get six air points per turn.
I have like 13 counters in my inventory. What is up with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark,

Do you have the TCK edition? That has more air counters. The way I play the 77 rules is two combat units per stack max, with one HQ allowed to make a stack of three. A stack of three HQ units is allowed, which is needed to extend Allied supply lines. I do not advance an HQ unit into an attack but HQ units can be attacked alone or in a stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Not sure what the "TCK" edition is. I have the '77 edition of the game.
So what do you do with the extra air counters?
Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I don't own a copy of the 77 version. Mine is the original edition. So my problem is not too many counters, but none. So I have had to improvise with some blank counters.

The "TCK" edition is a souped-up variant based on the 77 game, but it has a whole new set of counters and changes to the rules. It can be found in the "Files" section of the D-Day game on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.