Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as much of a difference as has been seen elsewhere, and not worthy of rattling the cage, but has anyone else noticed their cards are 0.5 mm shorter longer than the original TEG cards?

Is this the case with the reprint TEG that was available through the KS as well?

EDIT: Corrected the brain fart (as to which are shorter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, I have noticed that as well.

Not much to be done; fortunately my memory is so bad that I just forgot what I was going to say. Oh, I won't remember the cards.

JimA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Antonio
Honduras
flag msg tools
Ive read various people claiming this, but I got mine yesterday and checked this and my cards are exactly the same. If theres a difference its not noticeable at least for me.

BTW I have the original TEG deluxe edition from the first kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original TEG kickstarter game and I believe my Beyond the Black cards are all a little bigger which is a bummer.
Not much but enough so that the deck isn't smooth anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I compared the planet and secret mission cards in my original TEG deluxe edition and BtB and found no difference in the card sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My BTB cards are slightly longer than my base game cards as well, making it difficult to shuffle the planet deck. I have the first edition of TEG.

I spoke to Michael Coe about this at Origins and showed him a picture of my planet deck. He said he's heard of some isolated incidents of this, but it doesn't seem to be widespread. He even opened a copy of BTB right there and shuffled it into the base game, and his deck was perfectly smooth.

He told me to request a replacement deck through the Gamelyn site: http://www.gamelyngames.com/replacements/

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, I have submitted a request to Gamelyn.

JimA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have cards that are a different size than the base game, it would be helpful if you could post a photo to this thread of the barcode on the back of the expansion box. That will help us identify what batch of games got these cards. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
If you have cards that are a different size than the base game, it would be helpful if you could post a photo to this thread of the barcode on the back of the expansion box. That will help us identify what batch of games got these cards. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb

not sure why the image rotates - the original is not rotated.

JimA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
JimA759 wrote:

not sure why the image rotates - the original is not rotated.

JimA

iPhone I presume? If so, I believe it's an issue with how they handle the rotate metatag. Opening and resaving it on the computer should correct it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I did use an iPhone for the photo - but sent it to my PC and cropped and resized it there. Then uploaded.

If I open it on my computer it is also properly rotated.

JimA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
JimA759 wrote:
Hi,

I did use an iPhone for the photo - but sent it to my PC and cropped and resized it there. Then uploaded.

If I open it on my computer it is also properly rotated.

JimA

Yeah - pretty messed up. I downloaded the image to my Mac and it rotated it again. Properties show that the Orientation data is still present (guess your PC app didn't modify it for some reason).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glass
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As another datapoint, the cards in my copy of BtB are also not sized the same as the base game (Original TEG Kickstarter Deluxe Edition).

The barcode on BtB matches what has been posted previously.

EDIT: oddly, my BtB cards are a shade taller and wider than the cards in the base game, rather than being shorter as in the OP's case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D HDHOUSTEN
msg tools
My BTB cards are also slightly larger than the base game cards (both height and width). Here is an image of the bar code:

The new printing of the base game cards are exactly the same size as my older printing of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
Marrkos wrote:
EDIT: oddly, my BtB cards are a shade taller and wider than the cards in the base game, rather than being shorter as in the OP's case.

No...I'm the odd one (had a brain fart and mixed up which were which; my BtB are also longer (but not detectably wider). Fixed in original post - thanks for calling it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Nguyen
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just opened the game over the weekend and my expansion cards are longer as well. Same bar code as others have posted (KS Deluxe edition). I haven't decided whether or not to get them replaced. Do people find it's making a difference in game play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glass
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Received the replacement cards from ShipNaked today.

Unfortunately, they are also not the same size as the originals. They might be a shade bigger than the set included with the expansion.

Also, doubled up on one planet (Kanassa), thereby skipping one (Surab, I think).

Shipped loose in a cardboard mailer.

I give up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D HDHOUSTEN
msg tools
I received my replacement deck today as well. The cards I received are the right size and the deck was complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marrkos wrote:
Unfortunately, they are also not the same size as the originals. They might be a shade bigger than the set included with the expansion.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat - my replacements are also too long.

Not sure it's worth following up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
erincita wrote:
Marrkos wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat - my replacements are also too long.

Not sure it's worth following up again.

IMO - if the problem was big enough to report and seek replacements, it's worth following up. Cleary sounds like there's a quality control problem with quality control. I'm wondering if the problem isn't with certain batches of the original game.

(Still waiting for my replacements to arrive - will update when they do).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
(Still waiting for my replacements to arrive - will update when they do).

Just received the replacements. No better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Langley, and others with the same card size issue, can you please post a photo of the differences in card size that I can send to the manufacturer? That would be very helpful. Thank you ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
erincita wrote:

Thank you,

I have one more request to get to the bottom of this issue.

Can you, or anyone with miscut cards, please post a photo of the barcode on the back of their TEG box (not TEGBTB)? It may have been a printing of TEG whose cards were miscut not TEGBTB.

Thanks ahead of time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.