Hide
19 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » General

Subject: Have you played this game with your girlfriend/wife, how was it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jcgonzmo 84
msg tools
Looking to play it only for 2 players with my girlfriend. How was your experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
jcgonzmo wrote:
Looking to play it only for 2 players with my girlfriend. How was your experience?

Unless we're dating the same person, how could this even help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
jcgonzmo wrote:

Unless we're dating the same person, how could this even help?

Hahaha!

I think he meant how is it with just 2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doctoryes0 wrote:

Hahaha!

I mean, there's dozens of threads with the answer to that question already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone of Light
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe he may of also be wondering how likely is a game like this to create "bad feelings". Some couples may not want a game with too much "take that".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philcampeau wrote:
doctoryes0 wrote:

Hahaha!

I mean, there's dozens of threads with the answer to that question already.

Right! And, I'll check first if this has been covered...

said no one ever on the internet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was great! Except that she beat the hell out of me. She does HR and Org Charts for work, so she cites that as her advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Schwarz
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We broke up a day or two later, but don't let that stop you, I don't think FCM was the reason.

(And no, it wasn't the take-that aspect, but between boardgamecore and being new to the game, it was hard for her to figure out what was going on at all, so we didn't have a brilliant time with that session.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works well at 2. Probably best at 3, so maybe consider having a child.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob D
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As some have pointed out - sometimes between the jokes or sarcasm (Hi! Welcome to the Internet) -- it can vary wildly. Since it is not uncommon for someone to get left in the dust in FCM, even in a 2-player game, that can create some hard feelings (either towards the game or the partner). In addition, aggressive play tends to be rewarded in FCM -- and Splotter games in general -- which can also leave some residual hard feelings.

BUT -- some people don't mind nor care. Depends on the person's temperament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
/facepalm.

How is this with your girlfriend/wife? That is asking, how is this with a woman?

If you're going to extend gender stereotypes at least be more subtle and substitute wife/girlfriend for spouse or non-gaming partner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The subject of this thread is irritating. Are you assuming everyone on here has a girlfriend/wife? Is this thread only for people with a girlfriend or a wife? Are you expecting people with a girlfriend or a wife somehow share gaming behavior because of it?

Why not just ask the real question beneath whatever generalization you're making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OP is likely not from a country where they even know microaggressions exist - I'm glad he's not.

Intelligent people who are offended can translate his question into a more general construction or move on but please keep it on-topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse Custer wrote:
OP is likely not from a country where they even know microaggressions exist - I'm glad he's not.

Intelligent people who are offended can translate his question into a more general construction or move on but please keep it on-topic.

Let me translate your comment, then:

"Offended by the sexist tone of this thread's title? Well you're a dumb snowflake who gets upset over micro-aggressions! If you were SMART you'd just assume, for some reason, that his question didn't have sexist overtones and answer it that way! But whatever you do don't push back, because THAT would be off topic!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two-player is necessarily zero-sum so it can feel very mean as you block off a certain section of a map with an advertisement or surprise plop down a radio campaign for something your opponent can't produce more than a couple of.

As long as both people understand that at the first sign of weakness the other is going to lay them out and they can handle that, it should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go for Octavian... we have thread lock in 3... 2... 1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it's not locked!

Pete (checked)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UanarchyK wrote:
It works well at 2. Probably best at 3, . . .

a ménage à trois?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.