Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan C. Suárez
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) What happens when the initial resource cards (the ones that get flipped as part of the set up) show any TNT or Creeper?

2) After a card is mined (or hoe is used), should the next one in the pile be turned face up?

3) If the answer to #2 is YES, what happens if someone uses a Hoe and TNT appears? Does it count as Mining? If Hoe is used on other player's turn, does someone benefit from a TNT that shows up?

4) When a craft card gets reserved does the next one below it become available?

5) What happens if a Craft Card pile gets depleted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the true answers, but I can tell you how we've always played it! ( We always assumed we were doing it right but who knows!
1. We reshuffle the pile with the creeper. No one likes starting with the creeper(that was our own rules) and we always decide first player beforehand in case a tnt comes up then whoever draws the tent gets it's benefit.
2. We keep all cards turned faceup. As soon as we craft one, the next one is automatically revealed. So I would say they get flipped right off and are available immediately.
3. The person who chooses to take the tnt is the one who gets it's benefits. We never played it as an automatic happening when revealed.
4. And yes we would say the next is automatically available to whoever can take it on their turn, given that they are able to.
5. When a pile is depleted we are just one stack short. We go down to playing with 4 instead of 5.

I hope our ways are helpful to you, whether they are right or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica - the other one
Sweden
Strengelbach in Switzerland or Örebro in Sweden
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftyrea wrote:
I don't know the true answers, but I can tell you how we've always played it! ( We always assumed we were doing it right but who knows!
1. We reshuffle the pile with the creeper. No one likes starting with the creeper(that was our own rules) and we always decide first player beforehand in case a tnt comes up then whoever draws the tnt gets it's benefit.
2. We keep all cards turned faceup. As soon as we craft one, the next one is automatically revealed. So I would say they get flipped right off and are available immediately.
3. The person who chooses to take the tnt is the one who gets it's benefits. We never played it as an automatic happening when revealed.
4. And yes we would say the next is automatically available to whoever can take it on their turn, given that they are able to.
5. When a pile is depleted we are just one stack short. We go down to playing with 4 instead of 5.

I hope our ways are helpful to you, whether they are right or not

+1 to this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan C. Suárez
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply, Kendra!

Leftyrea wrote:

2. We keep all cards turned faceup. As soon as we craft one, the next one is automatically revealed.

I like the idea of playing with resources face up and I will adopt your suggestion. It simplifies the gameplay.

Leftyrea wrote:

3. The person who chooses to take the tnt is the one who gets it's benefits.

I see your point but I can't think why anyone would choose not to take a TNT, since it basically means two resource cards for free, not to mention the possibility of a chained TNT.

Leftyrea wrote:

I guess you meant "3 instead of 4", since we're talking about craft piles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.