Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the diseases and areas / mode of travel accurate to the time period or just "close enough"?
I own it and love it, just curious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have done some research, the events come with short background stories. Must be because there is some accuracy there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabier P
Spain
Donostia
Gipuzkoa
flag msg tools
In a realm beyond sight, the sky shines gold, not blue
badge
There, the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not an expert by no ways, what I can tell is from things I heard or studied at school. I didn't do any research either.

Geographically the game is "close enough" if you take into account the spaces, though the arrows point to the actual city location. These cities are quite important / relevant in our current railway system. The game is set in a period when this system was being built so depending on your railway layout you'll be more or less accurate. The Spanish railway's been described as a bicycle wheel, Madrid being the centre and the train connections going outwards as the radius of the wheel.

As for the illnesses (malaria, typhus, the yellow fever, and cholera) they were quite serious in the peninsula. These illnesses where deadly even until mid 1900's, after the country was devastated by the civil war, specially in rural areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.