Inis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sanctuary action card - draw 2 epic tale cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We noticed in the important game terms section that it says for Sanctuary: "[...] and placing new sanctuaries in a territory allows a player to draw an epic tale card."

So, for the Sanctuary action card, it says to place a sanctuary and then draw an epic tale card.

Does this mean that you draw 2 epic tale cards in total? One for placing the sanctuary due to the above definition, and an additional because the card says to draw one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one Epic Tale card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Doherty
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wait, does that mean you get an epic tale for other placements of sanctuaries? Like Exploration picking up a Stone Circle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, I am sure it is just describing that action card. You only draw a red card when a card tells you to.

But I can see why someone would think that. They really should have not included that sentence under game terms. If it was anywhere other than the Game Terms section, or they provided some sort of example, or left it off the sanctuary action card, then I might agree with you.

IMPORTANT
GAME TERMS
Sanctuary: A place of worship. Being present in territories with Sanctuaries is one of the three victory conditions, and placing new Sanctuaries in a territory allows a player to draw an Epic Tale card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.