Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Ghillie place his companion on the board AFTER he moves? For example, I have the "Trust Your Gut" encounter which allows me to move 3 spaces after my attack. Can I do the attack, move, and then place the companion (assuming I roll the companion together with the attack dice)?

Also, does "after you attack" on this card means that if I don't roll an attack die (either white or skill), I can't move, or is "attack" generally supposed to mean my "turn"?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attack is defined at the end of the rulebook as:

rules pg 26 wrote:
Attacking: What does it mean to “Attack” (for Baddies and Gearlocs).

Attacking is the act of rolling Atk Dice (white) on a target. Rolling Skills is not considered an “Attack” even if Skills do Dmg.

Therefore by this definition, you would have to roll at least one ATK die in order to move 3 spaces.

I'm not sure on this specific encounter scenario, but it may be one of those situations where you should "put your GM hat on" and make your decision. I don't think moving after the attack and then placing the companion would be restricted by the rules, nor the spirit of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
Can Ghillie place his companion on the board AFTER he moves? For example, I have the "Trust Your Gut" encounter which allows me to move 3 spaces after my attack. Can I do the attack, move, and then place the companion (assuming I roll the companion together with the attack dice)

Can't see any reason why not.
Ghillie or any other Gearloc always move before rolling and resolving dice so I think your question is more if you can wait until the attack is over before deploying a companion.

Since the dice you roll can be resolved in any order, you could for instance
choose to resolve the attack first before resolving any companion die. In this case you would be able to then move Ghillie 3 spaces before deploying a companion.
Technically, if you resolve the companion die prior to attacking it would have to be placed right away as all Companions are Instants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant just means that you can use the skill die that turn, not a timing function of when you must use it relative to other rolled dice.

Other then that Bard, I agree with you. I don't see in this case why you cannot place the companion after the movement generated by the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.