Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik, Michael, & I got together to try out Cityscape, which I had picked up over the weekend. We played three rounds of three player. Others had suggested that not having a player directly across from you would be an advantage, so we all took turns in that position.

1st Round
Michael was in the "sweet spot", with Erik starting. (It's worth noting that the player who starts gets to play one more piece than the other players.) Play order was Erik, Jason, then Michael. Erik and I ended up having very opposing objectives and we hurt each other more than Michael. Round Scores: Michael - 60, Erik - 40, Jason - 30.

2nd Round
Erik and Michael switched spots, while I started. (So play order was now Jason, Erik, then Michael.) I think I tried to achieve my objectives too early and Michael was able to foil some of my plans while getting his pretty easy. Erik noted that he didn't really feel that not having someone across from him was an advantage, since both Michael and I were countering his objectives just as much. Round Scores (Added to previous round) : Michael - 140, Erik - 90, Jason - 110.

3rd Round
Erik and I switched places, with Michael starting. Play order was now Michael, Erik then Jason. Erik made a superb comeback this round. I don't think I was really able to take advantage of the "sweet spot" but I did well enough. Michael got pretty hosed as Erik and I accidentally hammered on his objectives while trying to get our own. Round Scores (Added to previous round) : Michael - 150, Erik - 170, Jason - 160.

After that game, I decided to bow out and let Erik and Michael a chance to try a two player game. We didn't have a lot of time left, so they decided to try and manage only 1 side each. Michael played first. They got into a conflict with Michael having a 6 at the start of a row that Erik had a 4. Erik also choose to ignore a pretty clear 3 that Michael had set up to instead try to achieve his own objective. Michael ended up taking the game handily with final scores of: Michael - 60, Erik - 20.

Ratings - 3 Player - Erik 8, Jason 8, Michael 8.5
2 Player - Erik 9, Michael 9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.