Popular Tags: [View All]
Mil You
Denmark
flag msg tools
Just to be sure:

In the rules om page 8 it says

"You may only Hunt one Wild Game tile per turn"

Does that mean:

1: you can only hunt once pr meeple every day-fase - so maximum 18 times pr game

or

2: You can only hunt one time only pr day-face. so maximum 6 times a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Bannier
France
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dijitalvibe wrote:
Just to be sure:

In the rules om page 8 it says

"You may only Hunt one Wild Game tile per turn"

Does that mean:

1: you can only hunt once pr meeple every day-fase - so maximum 18 times pr game

or

2: You can only hunt one time only pr day-face. so maximum 6 times a game.

One per meeple
So 23 times (max) per game if you have the dog (Link) at the end of the day one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so you can't, with the same Hero, hunt a 4 using 4 ammo then hunt the 5 under it using the 5 points from the hero?

I see endurance & bullets like this:
your hero can run 3, 4 or 5 "units of measurement". Prey can run 3,4,5,6 or 7 units. When you shoot them, they become injured and can run 1 unit less. So if you shoot a 3 twice, you only have to run 1 unit to catch it. if you shoot a 5 five times, it dies at your feet, leaving you able to still run/carry/search 3, 4 or 5 things. So why can't I then use my points to hunt again?

I suppose one could argue that by hunting, all the other potential prey have been scared off. That works I guess
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
so you can't, with the same Hero, hunt a 4 using 4 ammo then hunt the 5 under it using the 5 points from the hero?

1 hunt = 1 action.

EDIT: Sorry, a total blackout on my side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Schroder
United States
Howell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting, my group just played the game for the first time last night and this very question came up!

Page 8 of my english paper rulebook does not say anything about a limit to the number of times you can hunt, but the online pdf does. It says "You may only hunt one wild game tile per turn", and page 6 of the rules say "the game lasts for 6 days (6 turns)." So we played that you could only hunt once per day (turn). The word "turn" is used in other places to mean "once per day" as well (using equipment and using room abilities on page 11).

Couple of questions:

1) Which rule book is more up to date? The paper one in the box or the online pdf version?

2) Is this just a translation issue? The rules don't give a name to each meeple movement you make. I would have called this a "turn" and a full day a "round" with the game having 6 rounds. Perhaps if you are making updates to the pdf you could consider making this change, or an official FAQ can include this clarification.

Game is very fun, by the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
DragonsDream wrote:

1 hunt = 1 action.
but the limit isn't on actions. it's on hunts. my 5 hero can go to the forest, hunt a 4 prey, use 2 bullets and use the remaining 3 action points to gather wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg O.
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
you can hunt 3 times per turn with 3 different heroes as there are 3 different hunting locations (one hunt per hero and per turn)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yuri galetta
Italy
flag msg tools
this means that you can spend 5 bullets and kill the animal without using any action point? i was thinking you have to use at least 1 action point to hunt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yurig wrote:
this means that you can spend 5 bullets and kill the animal without using any action point? i was thinking you have to use at least 1 action point to hunt
must spend points equal to the prey's endurance, this number can reduced by spending ammo. there is no limit to the ammo you can spend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yurig wrote:

Yes see the other thread
Re: Ammunition & Prey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.