Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

recently I bought a larger batch of mixed fruit snacks for kids, which comes in small containers closed by the below caps. They have an interesting dome-like shape and stack on top of each other reasonably well (around 6-7 pieces until they start to wobble too much - this could be amended a bit by sanding/cutting their bottom part a bit, where the locking mechanism is).

Now I am sort of collecting the caps (12 by now and will get more as the time goes by - they are a nice afternoon snack at work) and thinking about how I could utilize them.

One way could be to use them as wheels on something. They do have a thread for screwing them on the containers, but I do not think I could find the appropriate screws. Therefore I would have to come up with some different way of attaching them as wheels to something.

The other way would be to use them as game pieces. They are 3.3 cm in diameter and 1.5 - 1.8 cm high (depending on whether I cut off a bit of the base).

Any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Boutwell
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Due to the stacking nature of the caps, my first thought is having the coolest armada ever in Cosmic Encounter. That withstanding...

It looks as though you could easily nestle a 12mm Chessex d6 in the top of each cap. That may lend itself to some interesting gameplay.

Do you think that they would accept paint? If so, that opens up some real possibilities.

Looking at them in their present color, I can see a an off-world temple or other city building. If grey/white is an option, I can also easily see some sort of space station or space cargo container system for interstellar travel. In fact, with several of them stacked together, it reminds me of the Star Wars project "Outbound Flight" which looked similar in design.

Just a few initial thoughts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.