Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This'll be my second year going to Origins with my wife, I couldn't believe last year I could convince her to go but since then she's all for it. She even surprised me last year with tickets to go on The Dice Tower Cruise!

Who else is planning to attend Origins or any other Gaming Convention this summer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
3rd year running at origins for me, going to be at Barley's at 2pm sharp Wednesday....I can make it....I can....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
This'll be my second year going to Origins with my wife, I couldn't believe last year I could convince her to go but since then she's all for it. She even surprised me last year with tickets to go on The Dice Tower Cruise!

Who else is planning to attend Origins or any other Gaming Convention this summer?

My wife, daughter, and I usually go (Origins) on family day. The last two years it has worked out that it is also Father's Day so it's what we do. Last year was pretty awful though so I'm not sure if we are going to attend this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First year for me attending - albeit only for Friday! A wedding and Father's Day festivities out of town prevented attendance during the rest of the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bookblogger wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:

My wife, daughter, and I usually go (Origins) on family day. The last two years it has worked out that it is also Father's Day so it's what we do. Last year was pretty awful though so I'm not sure if we are going to attend this year.

Bummer, what went wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
bookblogger wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:

Bummer, what went wrong?

The vendors we tried to talk to were just pretty unpleasant and no one wanted to answer any questions or anything. I will say that Elzra was the big exception to that and Aron (I think that is the proper spelling) was great at answering questions and showing my 5 year old daughter how to flick the disks for Catacombs.

I also have some issues dealing with anxiety and had a pretty massive episode last year so that was no fault of the convention, but the association is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bookblogger wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
bookblogger wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:

Bummer, what went wrong?

The vendors we tried to talk to were just pretty unpleasant and no one wanted to answer any questions or anything. I will say that Elzra was the big exception to that and Aron (I think that is the proper spelling) was great at answering questions and showing my 5 year old daughter how to flick the disks for Catacombs.

I also have some issues dealing with anxiety and had a pretty massive episode last year so that was no fault of the convention, but the association is there.

Oh, I see, well I'm sorry you had a bad experience. As for the rude vendors, they should know bad attitudes means less profit. My wife suffers from anxiety so when it starts to well up we'll jet to North market or somewhere and we're old (mid 50's) so no kids for us to enjoy our time with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PLAYER)
badge
My first children's fantasy novel EL DRAGĂ“N DE VAPOR (illustrations by Marcos Toledo Porras)
mbmbmbmbmb
maklen9 wrote:
First year for me attending - albeit only for Friday! A wedding and Father's Day festivities out of town prevented attendance during the rest of the weekend.

I am also going on Friday only.

I have been living and going to Graduate School in Columbus for the last 5 years and I have gone to Origins everytime, but always one day only, mainly to browse through the exhibition hall, sell some MTG cards at the Troll and Toad stand, and buy some new games and accesories (with a convenient break around noon to go to my favorite restauran in Short North, "Happy Greek").

This year, I am looking forward to getting Tiny Epic Galaxies: Beyond the Black and probably The Lost Expedition (if available), Bastion (if available) and/or Quests of Valeria. Plus anything else that caughts my eye.

Sadly this will be probably my last Origins in a while, since I am going back to Colombia at the end of the Summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to WBC next month - nine days of awesome gaming.

I've been to Origins in the past - one in Columbus, one in Philly, and a couple in the Baltimore area. The exhibition area is fun and it offers a wide variety of gaming. I'll have to get back there again sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Birkett
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:

This will be my first year at Origins and I will also be at Dice Tower Con for the first time this year, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be volunteering the whole con I work 10am to 2pm at paint n take so feel free to say hi. This my second year well 4th year at Origins but never did anything in 14/15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
I'll be volunteering the whole con I work 10am to 2pm at paint n take so feel free to say hi. This my second year well 4th year at Origins but never did anything in 14/15

Does that include Sunday? My daughter loves doing paint and take but last year we weren't allowed to do it with our family pass. The two years before it hadn't been a problem but the person running the booth when we stopped last year looked to be about 10-12 years old and had no idea what a family pass even was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bookblogger wrote:
Does that include Sunday? My daughter loves doing paint and take but last year we weren't allowed to do it with our family pass. The two years before it hadn't been a problem but the person running the booth when we stopped last year looked to be about 10-12 years old and had no idea what a family pass even was.

You could've done that I can't believe he was left alone... (I finished my work before Sunday so wasn't around)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My haul from Origins 2017. I'm pretty happy with my selections for my wife & I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akash Swain
India
New Delhi
New Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
My haul from Origins 2017. I'm pretty happy with my selections for my wife & I.

That's an incredible haul. I'm jealous. I wish I could go, pick up a copy of Lisboa and shake hands with Vital Lacerda. Either that organize a caper, conducting cool crimes for some cool games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.