Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the game actually had a full retail release anywhere in Europe?

I was chatting to some friends who missed the kickstarter but were interested in getting it and, at least in the UK, it doesn't appear to be for sale with any of the usual outlets.

The only copies on amazon.co.uk are being sold from the US or Australia, and I have so far only found one UK retailer that DID have copies, which I think they sold out of at UK Games Expo last weekend. I've looked on boardgameprices.co.uk, which is my go to source for retailers that I haven't thought to try. It only shows Meeples' Corner and Philibert (both out of stock) and the aforementioned Amazon imports.

This doesn't seem very much like a game that has had a full retail release.

Did the game only really get released in the USA in March?

If so, is it coming out properly over here?

Is there some delay relating to the track size issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Silva
Portugal
Matosinhos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep...

I wanted to get it too but it's impossible at the moment, it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went for the version sold on Amazon UK for £58.99 with free shipping that said it came from Australia.

It contained:
-2 double sided boards with 2 tracks each (Monza/Monte Carlo) (Silverstone/Nurburg)
-8 driver decks 1-8, of 24 cards each
-8 speed decks of 12 cards each
-12 car miniatures
-86 -1 skill tokens
-42 -3 skill tokens
-64 1w wear tokens
-32 5w Wear tokens
-8 Tire material tokens
-8 Pit Markers
-2 D6
-1 Rulebook which includes rules for historical stuff
-1 Quickstart Guide
-1 Die Roll Cheat Sheet (no idea what this is)
-5 Strategy Cards
-4 Historical Driver cards
-8 -20 Attribute tokens

There do seem to be different versions out there.
This one is SKU #10025
The seller is listed on Amazon UK as 'Beat the Bomb'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitely the version I want for myself, but I'm scared to buy because I honestly don't know what I'd be getting from a retailer (and they don't know either). (I even asked Ultra Pro what the contents were based on a SKU I saw at a retailer e.g. 10025 - but unfortunately, they did not get back to me).

Good for you for getting the best version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopalong wrote:
I went for the version sold on Amazon UK for £58.99 with free shipping that said it came from Australia.

The contents of the version you got seem to be from the "Championship Formula Racing: Exclusive Retailers Edition", which was a souped up Kickstarter retailer exclusive version available in cases of six. So unless that was wrong, the source of these copies probably backed the game at that level, and that makes it seem even more likely that there hasn't actually been a full release outside of North America.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopalong wrote:

It contained:
-2 double sided boards with 2 tracks each (Monza/Monte Carlo) (Silverstone/Nurburg)
-8 driver decks 1-8, of 24 cards each
-8 speed decks of 12 cards each
-12 car miniatures
-86 -1 skill tokens
-42 -3 skill tokens
-64 1w wear tokens
-32 5w Wear tokens
-8 Tire material tokens
-8 Pit Markers
-2 D6
-1 Rulebook which includes rules for historical stuff
-1 Quickstart Guide
-1 Die Roll Cheat Sheet (no idea what this is)
-5 Strategy Cards
-4 Historical Driver cards
-8 -20 Attribute tokens

This one is SKU #10025
The seller is listed on Amazon UK as 'Beat the Bomb'

Thanks for posting. I'm hosting an in-person race Monday night with (so far!) 8 rookie drivers, some of whom I hope will be inspired to buy their own copy. But I'm hesitant to recommend buying directly from Ultra Pro until they do a better job of describing what they are selling. Would hate to steer my friends wrong after having whipped up some enthusiasm (I'm assuming they'll love it like I do)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro has yet to demonstrate the slightest spark of comprehension, when it comes to selling boardgames. They seem to think it differs in no appreciable way from selling card sleeves. They seldom respond to direct questions, and task nobody on their side to interact on the largest board game forum on the planet. They are as insulated as Hasbro ever was, and I don't mean that in a good way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarrellKH wrote:
Ultra Pro has yet to demonstrate the slightest spark of comprehension, when it comes to selling boardgames. They seem to think it differs in no appreciable way from selling card sleeves. They seldom respond to direct questions, and task nobody on their side to interact on the largest board game forum on the planet. They are as insulated as Hasbro ever was, and I don't mean that in a good way.

They have also failed to respond to anyone on the CFR Kickstarter page since getting our money. Screw Ultra Pro and Jolly Roger Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
DarrellKH wrote:

They have also failed to respond to anyone on the CFR Kickstarter page since getting our money. Screw Ultra Pro and Jolly Roger Games.

Thing is, I'm not aware with there being any comparable problems with 13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis or 13 Minutes: The Cuban Missile Crisis, both of which are Ultra Pro / Jolly Roger joints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Schulz
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this helps people not in the US, but Walmart seems to be carrying CFR:

[geekurl=https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jolly-Rogers-Championship-Formula-Racing-Game/785338775]CFR at Walmart[/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucidphoenix wrote:
Not sure if this helps people not in the US, but Walmart seems to be carrying CFR:

[geekurl=https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jolly-Rogers-Championship-Formula-Racing-Game/785338775]CFR at Walmart[/geekurl]

Unfortunately, it looks like Walmart only ships to a few US overseas territories and Armed Forces PO boxes from their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Collins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy from the Meeples Corner stall at the UK Expo. As far as I could see it was the only copy they had and I didn't see any other retailers selling it there either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moore
United Kingdom
Buckland Monachorum
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let you know that Games Lore and Boardgameguru have this in stock at the moment.
Usually stock runs out pretty quickly so it is a good idea to jump in there as soon as you can if you are after this one.

Both had it at a good price of £44.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Annis
msg tools
I picked up a copy from gameslore, it had the same contents as listed by Brian Moore with a couple of exceptions. They are, only 8 cars not 12, and no dice roll cheat sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a really nice cheat sheet in the file section

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horibilis wrote:
I picked up a copy from gameslore, it had the same contents as listed by Brian Moore with a couple of exceptions. They are, only 8 cars not 12, and no dice roll cheat sheet.

I was looking at CFR on Gameslore and it's listing only one board and only four miniature cars:

Quote:
Contents:
One (1) Double-Sided Board, providing two (2) race tracks
Four (4) Driver Decks, consisting of twenty-four (24) cards per deck
Four (4) Speed Decks, consisting of twelve (12) cards per deck
Four (4) Historical Driver cards
Four (4) F1 Race Car Miniatures
Fifty-six (56) Skill Markers
Forty-eight (48) Wear Tokens
Four (4) Tire Markers
Four (4) Pit Markers
Two (2) D6 Dice
One (1) Rulebook
One (1) Quick-Start Guide
One (1) Die Roll Cheat Sheet

Was that the contents listed for the one you bought too, but got two track boards and more than four cars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Annis
msg tools
Yes that is the same listing, i suspect gameslore took their contents listing from the one on Jolly Roger website. Incidentally the back of the game box does list 8 driver decks, 8 speed decks, 2 tracks (i guess they intended to say 2 double sided track boards, because Silverstone is mentioned on the back) and 12 cars (as i only got 8, i have emailed Jolly Roger to ask for 4 more). hope this is helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Horibilis wrote:
Yes that is the same listing, i suspect gameslore took their contents listing from the one on Jolly Roger website. Incidentally the back of the game box does list 8 driver decks, 8 speed decks, 2 tracks (i guess they intended to say 2 double sided track boards, because Silverstone is mentioned on the back) and 12 cars (as i only got 8, i have emailed Jolly Roger to ask for 4 more). hope this is helpful.

Thanks. VERY helpful and seals the deal that I'll be getting this from Gameslore. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a link to the Jolly Roger website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
http://jollyrogergames.com/game/cfr-championship-formula-rac...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Berthold wrote:

Hmmmm, compare that to what you find at UltraPro after searching for "Championship"

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=4748

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.