Subject: Any good metal coins for Navegador? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the cardboard coins, but I would love metal coins for it. The denominations are so unusual, though, that I don't know what would work.

Have any of you upgraded your coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone brought their fancy metal coins, I'd still prefer to play with the nice cardboard money that comes with the game. Metal coins are a downgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the coins in Navegador as they have a nice size. But I do love the upgrade metal coins from Viticulture. The three denominations are different colors and sizes, which makes them easily distinguishable and very nice to handle. You could simply ignore the embossed numbers and call the metal coins the same values as Nav's cardboard coins.

Or you could substitute poker chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would need a coin set with "value" up to about 5,000, which you won't find in a metal coin set. The wooden poker chips by Meeple Source get up to this value, otherwise poker chips would be your best bet, or else decrease all values in the game (10 = $1, 50 = $5).

Here's a breakdown of the Navegador money:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217821/item/5059755#item5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Justice
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these and they are awesome - I had to mix and match several denominations, including 500's.

http://campaigncoins.com/kings-ransom-collector-pack-board-g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.