Hide
3 Posts

Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » Rules

Subject: Victory conditions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
damiano damiano
msg tools
On the forum I read that if you kill all enemy models (in two-player game) you will win. I do not know if this is a good rule. For example, in mission 1 (marines vs predators) predators can easily kill marines at a distance and do not collect trophies or do not care about other victory condistions.

How in mission 1 (aliens vs predators) aliens have to kill 5 models if there are only 2 predators?

We also played marines vs aliens and I beat the marines before completing the remaining victory conditions. Then what? Win or lose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you kill all models, you automatically win. Predators are harder to kill than Marines.

See page 19 of the rules:
Each Game Turn sequence consists of phases 1–5. Keep
following the instructions for each phase until one of
the players fulfils the victory conditions or until all
of any player’s Models are removed from the game as
casualties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onaimad wrote:
On the forum I read that if you kill all enemy models (in two-player game) you will win. I do not know if this is a good rule. For example, in mission 1 (marines vs predators) predators can easily kill marines at a distance and do not collect trophies or do not care about other victory condistions.

How in mission 1 (aliens vs predators) aliens have to kill 5 models if there are only 2 predators?

We also played marines vs aliens and I beat the marines before completing the remaining victory conditions. Then what? Win or lose?

The campaign missions are designed for 3 people. That means, there are 2 Predators (count as 4 models) and 5 Marines for a total of 9 potential Targets for the Aliens. However, if you play only 1v1 and the opponent has less models than what you are required to kill, then treat the mission as saying "kill all of your opponent's models".

The Predators can indeed shoot the Marines, Hot Plasma is a hard thing. Do you use Tactical Move though? The Preds can fall too, especially against that pesky Smartgun.

Cheers,
K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.