9 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #1» Forums » General

Subject: CC with mixed status MMC's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
So the rules dont seem to clarify something. If i have a german 4-6-8 assault moving into a forest hex that has 2 russian 4-5-8 but one of them is pinned how does that affect my ambush roll and CC rolls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Lopez
United States
Hollister
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The German is Advancing into the hex, correct?
The German rolls one die; the Russian rolls one die. The Russian adds for the Pin status, to determine possible ambush.
As the the attacker, assuming no ambush, the German chooses who the 4-6-8 will attack, one or both of the 4-5-8s; 1-1, or 1-2. The Russian determines how he will attack, one or both 4-5-8 attack the 4-6-8. The pinned squad attack value will be halved, so the choices are 1-2, 1-1, or 3-2.
Should the Russian get the ambush, he will get first selection and CC roll.
Should the German get the ambush, he gets first selection and CC roll.
Ambush gets the DRM attacker bonus/defender penalty, and the normally simultaneous CC resolution becomes sequential, meaning the ambusher's results take effect, then the surviving (if any) defenders get their attack.
BTW, as ASLSK, the correct answer may be slightly different; my answer is based on full ASL, but should be correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Rick didn't mention Ambush Withdrawal mechanics from full ASL, I think the answer above is 100 % correct for ASLSK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
RickHy wrote:
The German is Advancing into the hex, correct?
The German rolls one die; the Russian rolls one die. The Russian adds for the Pin status, to determine possible ambush.
As the the attacker, assuming no ambush, the German chooses who the 4-6-8 will attack, one or both of the 4-5-8s; 1-1, or 1-2. The Russian determines how he will attack, one or both 4-5-8 attack the 4-6-8. The pinned squad attack value will be halved, so the choices are 1-2, 1-1, or 3-2.
Should the Russian get the ambush, he will get first selection and CC roll.
Should the German get the ambush, he gets first selection and CC roll.
Ambush gets the DRM attacker bonus/defender penalty, and the normally simultaneous CC resolution becomes sequential, meaning the ambusher's results take effect, then the surviving (if any) defenders get their attack.
BTW, as ASLSK, the correct answer may be slightly different; my answer is based on full ASL, but should be correct.

Thank you! thats how i interpreted it. My main concern was figuring out if the pinned MMC was a detrement to the regular MMC for the ambush roll and if the PIN modifier only applied to the pinned MMC if t was chosen by the Germans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambush is determined globally indeed (all units win or loose an Ambush, no midway effect).
All drms are cumulative and apply to all units of a given side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
excellent. Sounds like i was trying to make ASL more comolicated. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
You cannot assault move into a hex containing enemy units. The only phase you can enter a hex with enemy units is the Advance Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schostoppa wrote:

Thank you! thats how i interpreted it. My main concern was figuring out if the pinned MMC was a detrement to the regular MMC for the ambush roll and if the PIN modifier only applied to the pinned MMC if t was chosen by the Germans.

Halved FP in CC for pinned units applies only in ATTACK. Punned units DEFEND at full FP. So the matter is not which unit the German chooses to attack but with which unit the Russian chooses to attack with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
c0mputer wrote:
You cannot assault move into a hex containing enemy units. The only phase you can enter a hex with enemy units is the Advance Phase.
As the second post explained, there was a confusion about the terms used by the OP - who actually meant Advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.