Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: High luck 2 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sala Skan
msg tools
Looking for a game to play with my mum. She likes light stuff like Camel Up, TTR and Catan. With 2 we usually play Blue Moon, Targi (for some reason she likes it) or Port Royal. I need to find more games that contain high amounts of luck so she has a shot of winning too, yet are interesting enough for me not to be completely superficial. Port Royal works especially well for this but does anyone have other recommendations?

I have Schotten Totten, Babel, Star Realms, Lost Cities and Hive here but I think I would just crush her almost every game in those.

I was thinking of Jaipur, maybe Potion Explosion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As a high-luck two-player game to play with my Mom, I'm really fond of Dragonheart (although I have been winning most of the time lately). I prefer it to Lost Cities, which has similar agonizing decisions.

Not exclusively two-player, but Adventure Land is excellent, and she still wins her fair share. There are three ways to play (adventures) in the base-game and three more in the expansion, ensuring high replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My mom likes Jaipur, and she also likes games that have a little luck with card draws. It's easy to learn and plays quickly. 7 Wonders: Duel is also enjoyable, with a little more strategy but still a fair amount of luck with the facedown cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Challie Coppel
United States
Huntsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't Stop
Fluxx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend Birds of a Feather. The cards are beautiful, the play is simple but engaging. There is a dummy hand in the 2 player version, but in your case that may not be a bad thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Under the paving stones, the beach
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Awful Green Things From Outer Space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel James
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Potion Explosion and Onitama are both simple premise and relatively easy to getter better as you can see what you left your opponent to beat you with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.