Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This seemed so crazy I had to wonder if the card is misprinted. A fail results in giving all your cards to allies and becoming imprisoned. A FOPP is just a banishment.

This is, I think, the only card I've ever seen where fail is worse than fopp and I wanted to make sure that was actually intended, that the fail/fopp weren't accidentally reversed. I guess Brett's really the only one that can answer if this was the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is intended in this case. Sometimes simply getting tossed out on your ear before you even begin is preferable to beginning a true disaster.

The Lith Tests are different from other challenges because there are times when the Fail result is conditionally better than the Pass. Sometimes, in the short term, dishonor pays off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed this on other Lith Tests, although I don't have the cards in front of me or examples in mind. I think Fail can be better than Squeak, also. In fact, I think I remember examples where Fail was better than Pass (in my particular situation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.