3 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Initiative Question (Exploration and Social deck) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Orson
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you draw a combat card when you are performing an exploration or social adventure, is it considered that the player is the attacker or is the player being attacked.

For now I am playing it as the monster being the attacker to simulated being surprised but that has caused me to lose combat a few times due to the difficulty of getting good gear.

I'm still going to play that way but I want to know if the official ruling is that the player is the attacker no matter which deck he draws from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
The hero is considered the attacker. From the rules reference, pag. 4 (Attacker):

During combat, the attacker is the active player. An enemy can never be the attacker.

Under Initiative (Rules Reference, pag. 8), this concept is reinforced:

̉̉In the case of a tie, the attacker goes first (the hero is always the
attacker when fighting an enemy).

So, the hero is always the attacker; the monster can however go first if it wins initiative (as usual).

Thus, the deck you pull the enemy from is not impacting on how combat is to be resolved.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
The hero is considered the attacker. From the rules reference, pag. 4 (Attacker):

During combat, the attacker is the active player. An enemy can never be the attacker.

Under Initiative (Rules Reference, pag. 8), this concept is reinforced:

̉̉In the case of a tie, the attacker goes first (the hero is always the
attacker when fighting an enemy).

So, the hero is always the attacker; the monster can however go first if it wins initiative (as usual).

Thus, the deck you pull the enemy from is not impacting on how combat is to be resolved.

Hope this helps

Thank you, it does and I will be using the official ruling when playing with my friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.