2 Posts

Saloon Tycoon» Forums » Variants

Subject: Balancing the tycoon effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
I should start with the fact that I did Not Play the Game so far nor do I own it - but I am very likely going to kickstart it including its expansion til the Ende of the campaign the next 3 days. There is one kind of very luck Driven and therefore issued Element some reviewers mentioned: the tycoon cards. I dont want Games like this get unnessesary Deep but want to discuss an idea / house rule related to the Action "draw 2 tycoon cards":

Idea 1: pay for cards
You are allowed to draw not fixed 2, but up to 1-3 cards with a Single Action. Each card costs 3 gold. (Alternative idea: the 1st card costs 1 Gold, a 2nd card 2 gold, a 3rd card 3 Bucks) this could help to decrease possible speed up with the help of strong tycoon effects plus make the least used "take just 2 gold" Action more attractive in Long Term

Idea 2: Open pile
Instead of 2 cards you only draw the single top card within your action. The top card of the tycoon card is always flipped in Order that everybody can See and evsluate the effect onto the game if you or an opponent gets it in posession. This rule could affect to start a race from time to time to those cards to ether ensure that you get a card or moreover ensure that the next player don't! At the end of each round.

What did you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobinsky wrote:
I should start with the fact that I did Not Play the Game so far nor do I own it - but I am very likely going to kickstart it including its expansion til the Ende of the campaign the next 3 days. There is one kind of very luck Driven and therefore issued Element some reviewers mentioned: the tycoon cards. I dont want Games like this get unnessesary Deep but want to discuss an idea / house rule related to the Action "draw 2 tycoon cards":

Idea 1: pay for cards
You are allowed to draw not fixed 2, but up to 1-3 cards with a Single Action. Each card costs 3 gold. (Alternative idea: the 1st card costs 1 Gold, a 2nd card 2 gold, a 3rd card 3 Bucks) this could help to decrease possible speed up with the help of strong tycoon effects plus make the least used "take just 2 gold" Action more attractive in Long Term

Idea 2: Open pile
Instead of 2 cards you only draw the single top card within your action. The top card of the tycoon card is always flipped in Order that everybody can See and evsluate the effect onto the game if you or an opponent gets it in posession. This rule could affect to start a race from time to time to those cards to ether ensure that you get a card or moreover ensure that the next player don't! At the end of each round.

What did you think?

I think you should play the actual game a dozen times before you even think about house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.