Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Jemmerson
United Kingdom
Sacriston
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmb
Was a bit confused on my first play last night when I drew Rosen chainmail at the beginning for a starting character item. It gives you 4hp. Does this mean when hp are on card you get 4 additional action points? Also when you rest can you heal (repair) the armour?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm suspecting this may well be an exception which has slipped through the rules, but I wouldn't think the intention was to allow extra actions. Likewise, though not covered in the rules, I'd suggest not allowing it to be healed - treating the 4hp as a once-and-gone buffer.

Also, and you may well have got this, but do note that starting items are Rumours - you need to travel to the location on the card and use an action to put them into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schkff wrote:
I'm suspecting this may well be an exception which has slipped through the rules, but I wouldn't think the intention was to allow extra actions. Likewise, though not covered in the rules, I'd suggest not allowing it to be healed - treating the 4hp as a once-and-gone buffer.

Also, and you may well have got this, but do note that starting items are Rumours - you need to travel to the location on the card and use an action to put them into play.

All of what James said is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you get a one time 4 HP boost, and once it's lost its lost forever? And you get no extra max AP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit001 wrote:
So you get a one time 4 HP boost, and once it's lost its lost forever? And you get no extra max AP?

Correct. You basically use it as armour just to soak up damage, it doesn't give you extra actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit001 wrote:

Yes, that's correct.

You could always add some house rules with the agreement of other players, e.g. That the armour has its own supply of 4hp which can only be used to block combat damage; that the armour an be repaired at The Sprawl for 1 gold per hp, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
So it's one-time use only? I don't have the game yet so just reading up on it. So you do "commit" it in a combat situation, and even if the enemy only does say 2 damage, it's then discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, by once-and-gone I meant once the armour has taken its 4 damage, it's used up.

Hit points in the game are usually directly linked to the number of Action Points a player has - the armour is an exception to that. The interpretation I suggested in my first post - which I believe was the intention but not explicitly covered in the rules - is that the hit points gained from the armour are an exception to the usual way hit points work in the game, and should be considered as a buffer that can absorb hits before a player's "real" (action point earning) hit points are affected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, so you can add like wound tokens on it? So what happens if in one encounter it takes three damage, and in the next it takes another two? Does it prevent one, gets discarded, and one goes on the player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, just so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NikToo wrote:
Ok, so you can add like wound tokens on it? So what happens if in one encounter it takes three damage, and in the next it takes another two? Does it prevent one, gets discarded, and one goes on the player?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, I'd misread the text on the Rosen Chainmail. I only got as far as "When you would lose 1 or more HP, you may discard 1 HP from this card..." (emphasis mine) and I assumed that I could discard one token from the armour to prevent all damage just received. I've read more carefully and the sentence concludes "...to prevent 1 of that HP loss." (again, emphasis mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
When you take, say, three damage in one round, can the armour absorb all three (losing three of its four charges) or only one? It reads like the intention is only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered the original question without looking at the card, which was admittedly of limited help Do not have the card to hand now either, but it sounds like it only stops 1hp per attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the Rosen Chainmail does not Veil when used so you can keep using its ability, e.g. have it absorb 3 damage in one hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Moetting
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the chainmail (or other armour that are hp buffers) is used for all their HP, thus being empty, i do not discard it, but keep it and it stays as an asset?

So i might use it later for "discard an asset" things? Can i sell it? Selling used and useless stuff at the market

Or do i have to discard it when empty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoetting wrote:
If the chainmail (or other armour that are hp buffers) is used for all their HP, thus being empty, i do not discard it, but keep it and it stays as an asset?

So i might use it later for "discard an asset" things? Can i sell it? Selling used and useless stuff at the market

Or do i have to discard it when empty?

You could absolutely hang onto it for use in your Saga or to sell later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.