Fields of Despair: France 1914-1918» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forts without Infantry SP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would it play out if an advancing army ran into a hex with just a fort in it, the side who "owns" them has decided to retreat for whatever reason.

My understanding is that the advancing army cannot move past a fort that has not been destroyed - reduced to zero.

If artillery can not destroy a fort to zero then how is this accomplished. Obviously also the occupying invading force doesn't get the benefit of the fort - correct?

This is probably not playing optimally but it did come up in our last game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt v
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
My understanding is that an enemy fort still acts as an enemy unit, in terms of movement restrictions. Though you have pulled back your mobile military units, there remains a crew manning the fort. When would your artillery be unable to damage a fort? Forts take a hit on the initial "6" (see exceptions for Big Bertha), and then on any remaining "6" if there are no remaining infantry/cavalry SP's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I see the problem. The attacking infantry will also be able to hit the fort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt v
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, the first "6" rolled by artillery AND infantry count as hits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
darkoctavius wrote:
My understanding is that an enemy fort still acts as an enemy unit, in terms of movement restrictions. Though you have pulled back your mobile military units, there remains a crew manning the fort. When would your artillery be unable to damage a fort? Forts take a hit on the initial "6" (see exceptions for Big Bertha), and then on any remaining "6" if there are no remaining infantry/cavalry SP's.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.