Subject: Mage Knight solo in Vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr Eclipse
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, what a great game this is! But you already know that, since you are reading these forums.

I've been playing MK solo in Vassal the last couple of days. Vassal is so nice for this game! It doesn't take up the whole table, I can take it with me on my laptop. But there is another truly awesome feature that I had never thought of!

I have saved the "game" right from the beginning, meaning that I can replay the Solo Conquest mission right after I have finished it and try a whole new tactic. Now I focuse on Keeps and generally the left side of the board. Next play I can focus on spells and the right side of the board. And yes, the order of the tiles and tokens is fixed, but if I play in a different direction a whole new world will be made. This makes it really interesting to save Vassal games on crucial decision moment to later check if other options were better.

Other people playing Mage Knight solo by Vassal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich trippeer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I have it downloaded but have not played it yet. Mage Knight is one of those games that I wish I could get out more, but no one will play with me and it takes up a lot of table space.

I love Vassal for the COIN games, but I need to take a little time to figure out how to use it for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Tsekos

Kalamata and/or Athens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it at Vassal at least 10 times and it rocks. I remeber only one time that "crashed".
The 2 main reasons that i play at Vassal are:

Setup time 1-2secs.
Pause when ever i like, without worrying about a table full of counters.

I'm in love with this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.