Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Portal Games wrote:
(on their website)
The game will be released on 23rd of August. Our fans will receive the game in July, we start shipping 3rd of July and we will use UPS Express Shipping to deliver the game at the fastest possible schedule. Our fans will receive the game weeks before the release.

This is the most recent update on the Portal website. Looks like we might get the game pretty soon after all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooooooo!!! I cannot wait!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SWEET! I will have played the mess out of this game before it officially releases. Lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
SWEET! I will have played the mess out of this game before it officially releases. Lol.

And me. It's coming with me on holiday, hopefully
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly are "fans" and why are they getting the game sooner than retail? Preorders directly from Portal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DGenerateKane wrote:
What exactly are "fans" and why are they getting the game sooner than retail? Preorders directly from Portal?

3000 preorders were possible. These "fans" get a slightly upgraded game (components are different at some levels; plastic rather than cardboard counters, prewashed miniatures, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DGenerateKane
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jianjun ma
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than a month!Bravo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
effe 64
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Being one of the 3000 fans who preordered FM, I'm really excited with this delivery update, altough I don't understand why Amazon.com today offers : "In stock on June 19, 2017. Order it now.Get it as soon as June 20 - 22 when you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout." Any idea? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
effe64 wrote:
Being one of the 3000 fans who preordered FM, I'm really excited with this delivery update, altough I don't understand why Amazon.com today offers : "In stock on June 19, 2017. Order it now.Get it as soon as June 20 - 22 when you choose Expedited Shipping at checkout." Any idea? Thanks

That's because it's not Amazon selling the game. That is a listing from a 3rd party seller, in this case "collecTOYbles", who are notorious for putting made-up release dates on their listings. They've done the same thing for Gloomhaven when it was OOP, and I can only assume they do the same for other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
effe 64
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you so much for the answer. Now I'm just another "cannot wait" fan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
Portal Games wrote:
(on their website)
The game will be released on 23rd of August. Our fans will receive the game in July, we start shipping 3rd of July and we will use UPS Express Shipping to deliver the game at the fastest possible schedule. Our fans will receive the game weeks before the release.

This is the most recent update on the Portal website. Looks like we might get the game pretty soon after all!

AWESOME! Thanks for the update. Their site is blocked at work and I keep forgetting to check it at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From yesterdays FB Q&A (timestamp 14:00 - 14:29) - Portal will start dispatching First Martina in FIFO (First In First Out) order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MordimerMort wrote:
From yesterdays FB Q&A (timestamp 14:00 - 14:29) - Portal will start dispatching First Martina in FIFO (First In First Out) order.

I wonder if the first part of the order number is the number out of 3k, I've got 1158 and then the date of my order. I'm probably middle of the bunch if that number is any indication. Either way, eagerly awaiting it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MordimerMort wrote:

Hmm some outdated folks like me don't use Facebook anymore.. might be nice to let your customers (even the iSocially-inept) know what's going on.

indianajo883 wrote:
I wonder if the first part of the order number is the number out of 3k, I've got 1158 and then the date of my order. I'm probably middle of the bunch if that number is any indication. Either way, eagerly awaiting it!

You know what could help? An official email. To all the buyers, with order number and some basic info? *looks for Portal rep answers* whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
thedarktower wrote:
MordimerMort wrote:

Hmm some outdated folks like me don't use Facebook anymore.. might be nice to let your customers (even the iSocially-inept) know what's going on. :P

indianajo883 wrote:

You know what could help? An official email. To all the buyers, with order number and some basic info? *looks for Portal rep answers* :whistle:

Have to agree, their communication is fairly poor, from announcing the delay on (that said the first part of my order number is 185 so FIFO may be kind to me ;) )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I do agree that more communication would probably be better... It beats having bad information. Or having a date that then gets canned over an over. At this point, not knowing and then all of a sudden it arrive, that is always joyful. What I hate is ShipNaked, DHL eCommerce and FedEx SmartPost. ShipNaked because they notify you when the label was printed, bu that could be day or weeks before they actually sort, pack and ship. DHL eCommerce and FedEx SmartPost because they are super cheap super slow shipping methods. My last SmartPost package took 11 days to go from Florida to NJ. ::Shrug:: Either way, More communication would be good, but game showing up out of the blue would also be awesome!

Edit: Also if you watch one of Portal's latest video on youtube, they seemed super busy and Ignacy was overwhelmed. One of the staff, Marek, went to UK Games Expo and while he was out the web store crashed and they were all scrambling to get it fixed. He does the filming and might do some of the website. So Ignacy was trying to handle getting the webstore fixed, while also dealing with manufacturing issues for Martians.

https://youtu.be/zJtbbU85Apk?t=65
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
indianajo883 wrote:
Edit: Also if you watch one of Portal's latest video on youtube, they seemed super busy and Ignacy was overwhelmed. One of the staff, Marek, went to UK Games Expo and while he was out the web store crashed and they were all scrambling to get it fixed. He does the filming and might do some of the website. So Ignacy was trying to handle getting the webstore fixed, while also dealing with manufacturing issues for Martians.

I'd say: Skip filming, editing and uploading "Informant" videos for a few days and focus on those things + send out a short official email to all backers (has to be possible to do that via the system they already have in place---unless it's all connected to the webstore.. which crashed...gulp).

In one of his posts Ignacy remarked on how much work goes into filming, cutting and editing those videos. I find them interesting and--befitting the name--informative but I'd rather have Portal Games communicate directly with not only potential but actual buyers that have been waiting for weeks for clear-cut info.

I know semi-clear/hinted-at info is better than none or even bad info, but, COME ONE, soooo many people here at BGG hold certain devs in such high regards... we shouldn't set the bar super-low, shrug and say "While I do agree that more communication would probably be better... It beats having bad information."...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne J
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thedarktower wrote:
indianajo883 wrote:

I'd say: Skip filming, editing and uploading "Informant" videos for a few days and focus on those things + send out a short official email to all backers (has to be possible to do that via the system they already have in place---unless it's all connected to the webstore.. which crashed...gulp).

In one of his posts Ignacy remarked on how much work goes into filming, cutting and editing those videos. I find them interesting and--befitting the name--informative but I'd rather have Portal Games communicate directly with not only potential but actual buyers that have been waiting for weeks for clear-cut info.

I know semi-clear/hinted-at info is better than none or even bad info, but, COME ONE, soooo many people here at BGG hold certain devs in such high regards... we shouldn't set the bar super-low, shrug and say "While I do agree that more communication would probably be better... It beats having bad information."...

Maybe there just isn't any new information regarding this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GamingKodger wrote:

I was talking about general updates (delays, shipping, etc) for backers, not info on game components and some such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne J
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thedarktower wrote:
GamingKodger wrote:

I was talking about general updates (delays, shipping, etc) for backers, not info on game components and some such.

Oh, I understood what you were talking about. I'm just saying...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Sparks
msg tools
badge
mb
RE: update
well.. it's the 3rd of July in my country! Fingers crossed for an email some time in the next 24-48 hours (not sure of my place in the order queue, prob up the back somewhere)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heard back from Portal Games: 1 day delay on the shipping.

Quote:
Hello Marcel
We’d like to [ship today] but we will have a one day delay. I am sorry.
Greetings
Portal Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not bad, 1 day delay is no biggie. App got released today on the Google Play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.portalgames...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Kłapcia
msg tools
Just got answer from portal: Polish edition: "Pierwsi Marsjanie; przygoda na czerwonej planecie" will be shipped from 10th July
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.