Justin Parker
msg tools
Question is as the subject.
Additionally, how about Dwarf?
I already know Fakir is able to do using town bonus tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjspectre wrote:
Question is as the subject.
Additionally, how about Dwarf?
I already know Fakir is able to do using town bonus tile.

No, that town tile (4VP expansion town) allows a faction to advance on their shipping track, so neither the Riverwalkers nor Dwarfs may benefit from that effect.

The Riverwalkers do benefit from the bonus tile that gives temp +1 shipping, however, while the Dwarfs and Fakirs do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
For all factions which can increase their shipping range, that town tile does indeed increase the shipping range by one, but only up to their respective maximum.

For Riverwalkers, the start value for shipping is the same as the maximum value, so their shipping cannot be increased. They may still take the town tile, but will only get the 4VP.

Dwarves (like Fakirs) cannot use ships. Since they don't even have "shipping = 0", they can't increase their shipping range. Like Rw, they may still take the town tile, but will only get the 4VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SLK
Netherlands
Sellingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
but only up to their respective maximum.

Is this limitation (maximum) an official rule(change)? I checked my own rulebook and a pdf on this site and I can't find it.

The only limition as far as I know is that that the '+1' only applies to round 2 (and therefore not to be used end round/game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slklein wrote:
DocCool wrote:
but only up to their respective maximum.

Is this limitation (maximum) an official rule(change)? I checked my own rulebook and a pdf on this site and I can't find it.

The only limition as far as I know is that that the '+1' only applies to round 2 (and therefore not to be used end round/game).

I'm not sure what you mean. You can't move a token further along a track than the track has spaces. That's just how tracks work.

EDIT: on rereading your comment I think you're misunderstanding what this conversation is about. It sounds like you're talking about the bonus tile that gives you temporary +1 to shipping value, and as we said, yes that can let you go temporarily beyond your normal shipping limit. But the town tile that permanently advances your shipping track can't advance you past your last spot on the track, which for RW is spot 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SLK
Netherlands
Sellingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I mean is that I think that you can have a shipping value of 3 (on the track) and that if you take the shipping+1 bonus tile you can cover a distance of 4 in that turn.
Imo you don't adjust the track if you take the bonus tile.

EDIT just read your 'edit' as well and you're completely right: I indeed meant the bonus tile and not the town tile.
Thank you for the clarification and my apoligies for the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juho Snellman
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
mb
Right, but the original question was not about the bonus tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slklein wrote:
What I mean is that I think that you can have a shipping value of 3 (on the track) and that if you take the shipping+1 bonus tile you can cover a distance of 4 in that turn.

Absolutely right but also not what we were talking about.

In case you're unfamiliar with the town mini-expansion which the town we're discussing comes from, you can check it out here:
Terra Mystica: 4 Town Tiles

And they were also reprinted as part of this expansion:
Terra Mystica: Erweiterungsbogen

And the rules are here: http://www.feuerland-spiele.de/dateien/tm_town_promo.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
In snellman terminology, this is about TW7 and not about BON4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slklein wrote:

EDIT just read your 'edit' as well and you're completely right: I indeed meant the bonus tile and not the town tile.
Thank you for the clarification and my apoligies for the confusion.

Don't feel bad - I made exactly the same mistake, and even typed and actually posted a reply to DocCool telling him I was sure he was wrong. Only then did I reread the post and see that it was talking about the town tile, not the bonus tile - so I deleted it (thankfully it seems without anyone seeing it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.