steve cady
Canada
Ste-Adele
quebec
flag msg tools
Hello,

I`m new to the coin system, I`m really enjoying the system so far..but I`m still a little uncertain about movement (marches) in the game..

It seems that both the British and French have more flexibility when it comes to march orders (with exception to blockade rules etc) both can use the sea to move around..

My is question is this, do the Patriots and Indians have that same flexibility? or are they limited to move one adjacent area to the next?

thanks!
Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
blitz52 wrote:
It seems that both the British and French have more flexibility when it comes to march orders (with exception to blockade rules etc) both can use the sea to move around..

Yes.

Quote:
My is question is this, do the Patriots and Indians have that same flexibility?

No. Can't make naval moves without a navy...

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly what Oerjan said. The British and the French are the real "big boys" of the conflict and both have very powerful navies (as they historically did). They can move around almost at will. The US and Indians, on the other hand, have to mostly "hoof it" around on foot...

And in case you didn't know Steve, Oerjan is the author of the single player bots. Pretty neat having the game developers actually chime in on these things eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve cady
Canada
Ste-Adele
quebec
flag msg tools
indeed!

I appreciate the quick replies gentlemen, thank you very much!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
blitz52 wrote:
indeed!

I appreciate the quick replies gentlemen, thank you very much!

Steve

It should also be noted that, under the right circumstances, the French can bring the Patriots (Continentals, only) along on a sea move.

Also, the French are limited to moving only to spaces that already contain a Patriot piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.