Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be interested in extra Ballista's and Trebuchets as add-ons?

Poll
Would you like extra Ballistas or Trebuchets as add-ons?
Yes
Maybe
No
No opinion/other
      194 answers
Poll created by Teowulff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos for including the No Opinion/ Other option.

Personally, I would not buy them, however, I can certainly see how some folks might want to... Especially for non-Zcide functionality.

For myself, I'll be using mine pretty much exclusively for Zcide, so I cannot imagine needing more than one of each.

That said, it might be cool to see another siege engine (or more) of a different type. Not sure what would make sense exactly, but a battering ram might be interesting for custom missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they still make Crossbows and Catapults, or Weapons and Warriors? It's a kid's game, but been my go to game for cheap siege equipment and castle parts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
QorDaq wrote:
....That said, it might be cool to see another siege engine (or more) of a different type....

+1 this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see 3rd weapon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
A battering ram to open doors?
A siege tower to get to the top of towers?
A sapping team to collapse buildings and take out all the zombies inside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep telling everyone: Trojan Rabbit from Monty Python!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Uitvlugt
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
FREE BREAD!
badge
Box Turtle is finally free of that stupid hat
mbmbmbmbmb
The ballista is shown on the main campaign page as not kickstarter exclusive, which means it is probably part of a retail box that backers get for free. That would be like the zombie bosses pack from Black Plague, where we got an entire expansion free over a few stretch goals.

It might even be possible, once the whole pack is announced, to buy extra sets of the expansion as an add-on. Something like that happened with some of the Massive Darkness sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the ballista was part of the Feral Dragon pack, which is Kickstarter Exclusive.

But I looked at the campaign page again and now I'm confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It does seem to be part of the feral dragon pack. And while the feral dragon is KSE, the ballista is not meaning it will probably be part of some other retail pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:
It does seem to be part of the feral dragon pack. And while the feral dragon is KSE, the ballista is not meaning it will probably be part of some other retail pack.

Quote from Thiago:

There is no mistake in the banners, the Ballista is not KS-exclusive. Why, you ask? Oh, we might have bigger plans for it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/zombicide-green-ho...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently there are also a few survivors and one of the necromancers that are not exclusive. The Ballista might be in a set with some of them, or it might be with yet unannounced material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thargan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only non-KSE survivors/necromancer are from the Sean A. Murry box detailed in Update #9. There have been a few hints about another larger addon coming down the line, likely during the last week of the campaign. So the ballista could easily be part of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thargan wrote:
The only non-KSE survivors/necromancer are from the Sean A. Murry box detailed in Update #9. There have been a few hints about another larger addon coming down the line, likely during the last week of the campaign. So the ballista could easily be part of that.

We got our big add-on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first official add-on ballista was just announced. It's included in the "No Rest for the Wicked" expansion for $50. KS bonus is Will from "Stranger Things" as Liam (a thief character).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/zombicide-green-ho...

I'm not one to nitpick expansions (plenty of that in the KS comments), but I find the ballista an odd fit here. The majority of the foes can't be touched by the ballista (only rats are always susceptible). Hopefully there will be other add-on options for people who just want the siege weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah a bit silly to say here are ghosts that can't be hit by a ballista, rats which logically should not be hit by a ballista and a dragon which can occasionally be hit by a ballista.

They could have gone with some other choice there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.