Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! Have been super excited to get this to the table! I played a solo learning game just now as I'm teaching it tomorrow. A couple of questions that arose out of my play (apologies if these are already covered in the rule book):

How do you get more power cubes in the recharging station? I lost the game due to running out of power but I kept rolling enough due to recharge, but once the two first cubes were gone I didn't have any more to take so could never recharge??

For 1 or 2 player is it just the top 3 dice you need at the power station? And then for 4/5/6 you have to add one more per player in the order shown?

Most of the time the life support dials weren't touching anything, they were in between player cards with only one or max two usually touching at once. Just wanted to check this is correct?

Thanks all!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A couple of rules questions...
Smuffin89 wrote:
How do you get more power cubes in the recharging station? I lost the game due to running out of power but I kept rolling enough due to recharge, but once the two first cubes were gone I didn't have any more to take so could never recharge??

You don't, you get two recharges per game and that's it. Timing when you take these is a big part.

For 1 or 2 player is it just the top 3 dice you need at the power station? And then for 4/5/6 you have to add one more per player in the order shown?

Yep spot on

Most of the time the life support dials weren't touching anything, they were in between player cards with only one or max two usually touching at once. Just wanted to check this is correct?

Not entirely sure what you mean here. The diamond link should always point to the first section of a card. When you turn the dial at the end of a round you turn it compeltely until it's pointing to the first space on the next card. One of the arms will always be pointing to the second space, another the third and the last the fourth. This means throughout the game all the spaces on a card can potentially be pointed at (although often they will have moved on by then. Whether or not there is anything in that space is another matter; you will have either a red light, a green light or nothing - again choosing when to save a patient is a major part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Smuffin89 wrote:

You don't, you get two recharges per game and that's it. Timing when you take these is a big part.

Yep spot on

Not entirely sure what you mean here. The diamond link should always point to the first section of a card. When you turn the dial at the end of a round you turn it compeltely until it's pointing to the first space on the next card. One of the arms will always be pointing to the second space, another the third and the last the fourth. This means throughout the game all the spaces on a card can potentially be pointed at (although often they will have moved on by then. Whether or not there is anything in that space is another matter; you will have either a red light, a green light or nothing - again choosing when to save a patient is a major part of the game.

Cheers Peter! Funnily enough was going to PM you on Facebook with one of these questions whilst I was playing! Ahhhhhh so I completely misread this in the rules then - I was thinking you just move the dial by one small space each turn. Now I understand. Thanks! Man this game is pretty hard, at least one player. Will be trying 3 or 4 player tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuffin89 wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
Smuffin89 wrote:

Yep spot on

Cheers Peter! Funnily enough was going to PM you on Facebook with one of these questions whilst I was playing! Ahhhhhh so I completely misread this in the rules then - I was thinking you just move the dial by one small space each turn. Now I understand. Thanks! Man this game is pretty hard, at least one player. Will be trying 3 or 4 player tomorrow!

Also note always turn the dial to the next section, even if there is no card there (because you have already cured the patient that was there). Do not skip over empty sections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest titling your thread with a few words about each question. It helps a lot when people browse the forum for answers, whereas "A few questions" doesn't. You might try: "Completing/adding cubes to recharge stations and position of life support wheel". It doesn't have to be pretty, or even short!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuffin89 wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
Smuffin89 wrote:

Yep spot on

Oh hiya Sam! I hadn't even noticed this was you! Happy to help, and yes feel free to give me a PM whenever you want (even mid game, my phone is usually in my hand). I got a couple rules wrong the first time I played (I thought adding/losing dice was permanent), it's not a bad rule book just a bit cluttered so easy to miss things. If I remember right it's not very clear about how far you should move the dial. Yep it's just as hard with higher player counts! Really enjoying it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha Peacock
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks that's a good point - done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.