United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says

Place 1 guerrilla in each city

Does the guerrila have to be the same faction as the player that played the card or could you choose a different faction

Confused as some cards specify a faction, some cards say any and this one says neither?

So a more general question if a card does not specify a faction can any be chosen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
w92viking wrote:
The card says

Place 1 guerrilla in each city

Does the guerrila have to be the same faction as the player that played the card or could you choose a different faction

Confused as some cards specify a faction, some cards say any and this one says neither?

So a more general question if a card does not specify a faction can any be chosen?

Card text:
Quote:
Postponed! Rebel ranks grow: Place 1 Guerrilla in each City.

It doesn't say anything about "Executing Faction places 1 Guerrilla..." or "Place 1 Guerrilla from 1 Faction...", so you could technically place one from each faction into different cities if you wanted.

The key to interpreting COIN rules and text is to take everything literally. If you don't read something, then it's most likely intentionally broad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newman
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turbine2k5 wrote:

The key to interpreting COIN rules and text is to take everything literally. If you don't read something, then it's most likely intentionally broad.

I have found this to be the case... except when it's not the case. But you are correct that this is the default position you should take with COIN unless corrected by the designers.

Recently this exact issue came up in LoD. The literal reading of the card turned out to be the wrong one.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25982915#25982915

My main complaint about COIN is that the rules and cards try to be as terse as possible. But they are terse to the point of ambiguous in numerous places.

EDIT: Let me emphasize that I think Turbine is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.