Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
I'm not familiar with how Geeklists work, which is why I didn't use one initially. I originally just wanted a single post Flying Frog could grab the questions from with a cut-n-paste. They don't even need to read these pages, just the list of questions.

I reasoned that Flying Frog wasn't going to spend hours reading every forum post comment to make sure they've answered every player question, but they might consider reviewing a curated collection of questions, since it doesn't take long to do so.

Hrmm... a geek list does prevent this easy wholesale cut and paste. You current have 18 sections which isn't too bad. I would suggest giving the list a try. Each entry does need to have some link, but in addition to being a boardgame, it could be a thread.

Essentially, the GeekList description would be your first post, while the entries would be the Entries. By default, you could make each Entry be a SOB game if you wanted to group things up, or an individual thread could be designated as the discussion thread for those questions. That keeps the talk in the forums, especially if you lock the list for comments. Or you could leave comments enabled and discussion would occur in each entry - though that may be better if the questions are subdivided out more which would make it more difficult to copy them out. (*shrug*)

Since you can make lists private, you can give it a spin to see what happens without impacting anyone. Check it out - there's a menu item at the top called "GeekLists" that has an option "Create New".

I'm still not saying it's the best option, but it does provide more options for handling this, including when the post reaches max length. (Does the Geek have a max limit to post length?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge Tate
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find this anywhere else: Does the Preacher need the Holy Book to cast sermons? If not, does that mean a Werewolf Preacher can cast sermons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, one of his starting upgrades replaces the holy book with a shotgun if im correct, so its definitely not a must to have it to cast sermons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Werewolf and Vampire rules are additive to whatever your hero can already do. It even fits the setting of the game. Midnight Texas, a cancelled TV show based on a series of books, had a werewolf minister, although to be fair, he stole the role from a minister he killed while in werewolf form; but there's evidence to indicate he was accepted by God.

Now if there's a restriction like "No Holy Items" for a Vampire preacher, that's going to cause problems with your keyword Holy Items. You also can't enter the Church town location as a vampire, which is going to make it hard to acquire class-specific items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge Tate
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should have been more specific, I was referring specifically to casting sermons while "wolfed out." I can't find anything to say it's not allowed, it just seemed odd that someone so feral they can't stop themselves from lashing out at adjacent allies has the clarity of mind required to offer prayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, okay. I get it. That sounds like a reasonable question that might impact other classes too like the Dark Stone Shaman and Sorceress from FOFO. I haven't gotten to the Werewolf material yet outside of assembling the models.

Would this discussion impact other classes? I'd imagine many abilities are cancelled because they require the use of items (guns, lassoes, etc). How doe it affect the Shaman's ability to transform? Could the Shaman change into a bear to avoid the werewolf transformation?

It might be a good idea to open a separate thread to discuss this issue under rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Johnson
msg tools
I had a question about the Forbidden Fortress artifact named "Dragon Ring".

It says you may transfer any number of wounds from yourself to other models. Does this count as a hit with regards to endurance on enemies being able to cap the damage?

I was leaning towards yes since it mentions ignoring defense/armor but nothing mentions it being a hit specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gazban wrote:
I had a question about the Forbidden Fortress artifact named "Dragon Ring".

It says you may transfer any number of wounds from yourself to other models. Does this count as a hit with regards to endurance on enemies being able to cap the damage?

I was leaning towards yes since it mentions ignoring defense/armor but nothing mentions it being a hit specifically.

There are two things in the faq regarding this

Does the Enemy ability Endurance limit Damage from sources that are not Hits (such as Dynamite)?A) Yes. Endurance is intended to limit the number of Damage the model may take from any single instance

Also

Can Armor be used to prevent Wounds from the Heat in Cynder? Poison? Etc?A) Yes. Armor is a flat benefit that any time you would place a Wound on the model, you roll for any Armor save they might have. If successful, that individual Wound is prevented. This can occasionally create situations that seem a little strange, like your Armor preventing Damage from the excessive Heat in the Caverns of Cynder, but it remains a global protection against all Wounds to keep things streamlined.Things that Ignore Defense do NOT generally Ignore Armor (unless noted as such)

So if the ability specifically ignores armor and defense, but doesn't say anything about endurance the endurance will limit the damage.

Also if you weren't sure where this is

http://www.flyingfrog.net/FAQ_Docs/SOBS_FAQ_6-22-2017_Web.pd...

I'm not sure if these faqs are incorporated in the FoFo rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Difference between Western and Forbidden Fortress allies carrying Sidebag tokens ADDED

Clarification of Armor before Endurance with link to original conversation ADDED

Does immunity to poison cover potent poison ADDED
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16  |