Subject: Trade fair with excess florins + purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim K.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say my first action is an East trade fair, and a couple florins are leftover and so stay in the first empty card slot. If my second action is then to purchase an east market card, does the first florin go to the no-card-but-leftover-florin east slot, or does it go to the first slot in the west market? The rules say to pay to the other market if a slot is 'vacant' and goes on to say this can happen if you buy 2 cards, but does it also apply to this situation? It depends whether 'vacant' only applies to the existence of a card, or to cards and florins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay to the West market card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal U
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was about to post the same question, so I'll post it here:

-----------------------

There are few things that I'll like to clear up, when you both buy and trade from the same row.

Imagine the east card row looks like that
[E1] facedown trade card with 3 gold
[E2] pirate card with 1 gold
[E3] commerce card with 2 gold
etc.

West row goes with W1, W2...

1. Buy than trade:
First I buy the commerce card, adding one more coin on the Facedown card (and on the pirates).
Than I trade from E1. This is allowed, as the rule that You cannot get a coin that you have put on a card yourself is valid only when You buy cards.
If any money was left over from the trade, it's merged with the two on the pirate card, and than the pirate card is flipped.

2. Trade than buy:
First I trade and have one money left. So the card row looks like this:
[E1] empty space with 1 gold
[E2] pirate card with 1 gold
[E3] commerce card with 2 gold

Than I buy the commerce card, putting one coin in E1* and E2. So the row look like this
[E1] empty space with 2 gold
[E2] pirate card with 2 gold
[E3] empty space with no gold

During the rerefresh phase the gold from E1 and E2 are merged, and the pirates becom the new facedown trade card:
[E1] facedown pirate card with 4 gold
[E2] some card previously in E4
[E3] some card previously in E5

*The above is incorrect as I should put the coin in W1 instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
muk83 wrote:
Then I buy the commerce card, putting one coin in E1* and E2. So the row look like this
[E1] empty space with 2 gold
[E2] pirate card with 2 gold
[E3] empty space with no gold

*The above is incorrect as I should put the coin in W1 instead?

It is indeed incorrect. It should go to W1 instead.

E1 says, "If a market spot is vacant, pay the card in this spot in the other market row. (This situation might occur if you purchase two cards in one round.)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal U
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK thanks for the confirmation. It's funny that You've solved my problem here, while I did the same for You on the Google Docs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play that money that would be put on trade fair cards is always put on that spot, even if its empty.

The spot is a bit odd though, especially because you can put a coin on the trade card, by first buying a card and then doing a trade fair. So you can get the same coin back (which is not possible in all other situations).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.