Subject: Adding Card Facedown Triggers Building Power? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a card gets added facedown to a building does the player trigger the special power of the building? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
furriebarry wrote:
When a card gets added facedown to a building does the player trigger the special power of the building? Thanks

Not - because the genesis of this action was playing it from your hand (so you can't trigger building action)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Walker
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mb
furriebarry wrote:

Out of curiousity, when do you add cards facedown to building? I thought it was face-up from your prep module, or onto discard pile from your hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adamvic wrote:
furriebarry wrote:

Out of curiousity, when do you add cards facedown to building? I thought it was face-up from your prep module, or onto discard pile from your hand?

There is top action on some cards (when you play card from your hand) which allows you to draw 2 cards then one stay on you hand and second you put face down to appropriate building face down - so this "reset" a row (because of "0" on reverse)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Walker
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mb
Filipozo wrote:
Adamvic wrote:
furriebarry wrote:

There is top action on some cards (when you play card from your hand) which allows you to draw 2 cards then one stay on you hand and second you put face down to appropriate building face down - so this "reset" a row (because of "0" on reverse)

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Filip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
New London
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb

That doesn't make sense to me.

As I understand it, if you build a card on a building, you get to trigger the building's ability. It should not matter whether the card is built face up or face down.

If you build it face down, there is no way you can land a colonist, since the back side of the card is 0 and cannot be greater than the building or previous card.

If you build it face down, nobody can trigger the card's bottom ability, because the back side of the card doesn't have one.

But both of those actions depend on the card- the back side of the card is value 0 and does not have any abilities.

BUT-

If you build a card from YOUR prep module, you can trigger the building's ability.

If you build a card from another player's prep module, you can trigger the building's ability.

It looks to me like building a card is what triggers the building's ability, not anything with the card itself.

By extension, if you build a card face down, you still trigger the building's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.