21 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Question for KDM:1.0 backers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Shipping [+] KDM [+] KingdomDeathMonster [+] [View All]
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Hi everyone.

I am currently backing KDM 1.5 and can't wait for that beast to show up.

In the meantime I would really like to get a feel about estimated shipping cost for the Original Box.

Could you please let me know an estimate (if exactly how much, even better) of what you paid and where did you have it shipped?

For Example: $XX to Miami, Florida

I doesnt matter if its outside of the US. I can compile the info and share my findings for anyone who may find an use on that like I intend to.

Many thanks and happy games!

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping was stated in the Kickstarter as $25 to anywhere in the USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KD:M 1.0 was originally funded with shipping included, then Adam had to pass the hat to cover the freight increases in the years post funding, so it's not a good comparison.

If you go back to the 1.5 Campaign page, it states:
Quote:
Wave 1 - Estimated Delivery Summer 2017 Core Game / 1.5 Update Pack
United States... $25 / $10
European Union... $40 / $20
Canada... $30 / $15 Australia (+ New Zealand)... $40 / $20
Rest of World... $100 / $30

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

It's an estimate, and I think it's a fair one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ouch 100 for RoW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
Ouch 100 for RoW.

Completely fair and reasonable. USA / Canada / EU / Oz will all have well-defined logistics systems and the volume to drive some efficiency. RoW may not.

For 20 pounds of stuff valued at $500 USD, it's not unreasonable. That said, I think Adam would be happy to charge less if circumstances and costs allowed. The $100 estimate allows backers to make a reasonable budget and not be surprised if it comes in at $80 or $90 compared to the bulk US rate of $25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside, compare non-US shipping for something like CMoN's Smog & Rising Sun KS. Those were lowball estimated at under $50 during the campaign, and blew up to $100+ for many backers during the PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
I wasn't a backer for 1.0, but purchased for pre-order and shipping was a flat $25 to Georgia. Prices may have risen some between 2015 and now so I would ball-park your estimate for wave 1 shipping at $25-$40 to be on the safe side.

Outside the US I couldn't answer for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Thank you to everyone who responded!

I just wanted to get a sense of what people actually paid for the product since "estimates" can vary.

I live outside of the US so I basically have two choices:

1- Go with the Rest of the World category and maybe be on the late group with the pledge fulfilled

2-Get it sent to a delivery service in the US whom send it to my country and nail me in the butt with taxes and delivery fees (around $250 estimates provided to me)

With the information you given me, I ask you something else If I may.

Anybody from outside of the US could you share your experience with the delivery? Was it regular shipping or a specialized service ( DHL, Fedex, UPS )

Thanks again for your help!

PS: If I manage to get some savings I may be able to get some of those awesome expansions! Hope they re open the plede for expansion wave!

Happy games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grigori Borta
Moldova
Chisinau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samhain_11 wrote:
Anybody from outside of the US could you share your experience with the delivery? Was it regular shipping or a specialized service ( DHL, Fedex, UPS )

RoW bakcer here. Moldova is in Europe, but not in the EU.

As far as I can remember, 1.0 delivery cost 35$ for the whole kickstarter, no matter what you got. And then an additional unplanned 17$ for the expansions, which was reasonable, imo.

The delivery was handled by DHL to Moldova and then I had to pick the package at a "regular" post office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Samhain_11 wrote:
Thank you to everyone who responded!

I just wanted to get a sense of what people actually paid for the product since "estimates" can vary.

I live outside of the US so I basically have two choices:

1- Go with the Rest of the World category and maybe be on the late group with the pledge fulfilled

2-Get it sent to a delivery service in the US whom send it to my country and nail me in the butt with taxes and delivery fees (around $250 estimates provided to me)

With the information you given me, I ask you something else If I may.

Thanks again for your help!

PS: If I manage to get some savings I may be able to get some of those awesome expansions! Hope they re open the plede for expansion wave!

Happy games!

About the taxes thing, I don't want to create panic, but if you get a Rest-of-the-World shipping, you are probably in for paying those anyway.

I can be wrong, of course, but please take this into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quiarcus
China
Beijing
北京
flag msg tools
mb
t3clis wrote:

About the taxes thing, I don't want to create panic, but if you get a Rest-of-the-World shipping, you are probably in for paying those anyway.

Yep, an important part to remember! I'm hoping that KD can ship direct from the Chinese factories for those backers in China - apparently it is something Adam and co. are looking into - but I'm not holding my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quiarcus wrote:
t3clis wrote:

Yep, an important part to remember! I'm hoping that KD can ship direct from the Chinese factories for those backers in China - apparently it is something Adam and co. are looking into - but I'm not holding my breath.
I hope it works out for folks like, presumably, you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quiarcus
China
Beijing
北京
flag msg tools
mb
Jasiven wrote:
I hope it works out for folks like, presumably, you.[/q]

Thanks! Seems silly to send them out of the country, only to have them sent back and taxed. But oh well, that's the world we live in I guess!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone for the information.

I will consider change the address to where my family lives, in Ireland so I might be similar to what our Moldovian friend payed.

Although I believed they kinda messed up the first Kickstarter when they included the ship to anywhere.

Thanks again and hopefully this develops nicely and we can start assembling the beast to begin exploring.

Happy games my friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Samhain_11 wrote:

I will consider change the address to where my family lives, in Ireland so I might be similar to what our Moldovian friend payed.

Ireland is in the EU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Australia here. Glad I am just getting the 1.5 update pack.

The $100 postage for the whole game makes sense. I sent some eBay items internationally recently & it cost about $80 postage. KDM is very heavy & large, much bigger than the items I sent, so $100 postage sounds right. I'm actually a little surprised it isn't more expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Artistix wrote:
Australia here. Glad I am just getting the 1.5 update pack.

The $100 postage for the whole game makes sense. I sent some eBay items internationally recently & it cost about $80 postage. KDM is very heavy & large, much bigger than the items I sent, so $100 postage sounds right. I'm actually a little surprised it isn't more expensive.

Australia is actually on the same line as Canada, will be $40 to ship the box. There is a distribution centre in Aus so we are getting and paying local shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strewart wrote:

Australia is actually on the same line as Canada, will be $40 to ship the box. There is a distribution centre in Aus so we are getting and paying local shipping.

Ah yes, just noticed we are listed separately to 'rest of the world'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Cant wait to have this game!

But I guess when shipped the process of customizing and buidling the miniatures beggins!

Never had to assemble miniatutes but I guess it will be fun! I am planning on doing a broken stone/marble finish.

I recommend visitting vibrantlantern.com for resources, inspirantion and building the figurines.

Grazie Alessio & our Australian buddies for your update!

And yes 100 bucks to Australia seems proportional.

Thanks again!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome.
Remember that vibrantlantern.com can help when you start crying when you see the Phoenix arms sprue (also, if you never never assembled minis, try to assemble something easier in the meantime - same suggestion with painting).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grigori Borta
Moldova
Chisinau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bortian wrote:
RoW bakcer here. Moldova is in Europe, but not in the EU.

As far as I can remember, 1.0 delivery cost 35$ for the whole kickstarter, no matter what you got. And then an additional unplanned 17$ for the expansions, which was reasonable, imo.

The delivery was handled by DHL to Moldova and then I had to pick the package at a "regular" post office.

Just a quick update.
Received shipping notification yesterday.
Ships from the UK using FedEx. Delivery estimated to be on 15th.
Receiving an update pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.