6 Posts

Isle of Trains» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hopper Car and Caboose 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I load coal into an opponent's Hopper Car, I "Draw 3 cards into hand, then discard 1 from hand."

If I have Caboose 2, I get "+1 Card when Loading coal."

In what order do these apply if I have Caboose 2 and load coal into an opponent's Hopper Car?

If Caboose 2 applies first, I draw 4 cards and then discard 1.

If Hopper Car applies first, I draw 3 cards, discard 1, then draw another.

The former choice is better for the player with Caboose 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi
United States
Sunland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm correct, you would do the opponent's load benefit first (Draw 3 cards into hand, then discard 1 from hand) then your Caboose 2 benefit second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we always played it as you'd draw 4 then discard 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question: if I load a good as coal using the "discard a card to load another card as any type of good" ability, does the Caboose 2 ability still take effect (assuming it is part of my train of course)?

My reading of the rules leads me to believe the intention is that the good loaded "as coal" counts as coal for Caboose 2, but I could be wrong I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:
Related question: if I load a good as coal using the "discard a card to load another card as any type of good" ability, does the Caboose 2 ability still take effect (assuming it is part of my train of course)?

My reading of the rules leads me to believe the intention is that the good loaded "as coal" counts as coal for Caboose 2, but I could be wrong I suppose.

I would agree this an legal play. I didn't see anything in the rules that would prevent it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joakley815 wrote:

Yes, you've paid the price to load coal, you get all the benefits of loading coal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.