Subject: Who loves a good tabletop dice only game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: OP_Deleted [+] [View All]
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw your project yesterday shortly after it was posted.

Since you asked for opinions, your game seems to be completely dependent on luck. You roll a bunch of dice and score the results. I think most gamers are looking for something where they have more control over the game. Gamers are going to want opportunities to either manipulate the numbers rolled or to have choices about how the numbers are applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a single actual strategic decision in the game. Yep, good luck with that.

Also, KS stuff should be done in the press release area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Page
Australia
flag msg tools
Thank you for your input it's appreciated. I guess the game of roulette is based on luck as you can never know what it's going to land on.

I'm writing more game modes so players have different options for game play such as one where if you roll a bullet you get points deducted (If you have enough) rather then be out, based on what you have seen of the game do you have any ideas that I could include to entice you more to want to play/purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Page
Australia
flag msg tools
Thank you very much it's almost funded in 2 days so I guess not everyone needs a strategic game.

Sorry, should I delete and repost in the right area? I was looking where to post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad winters
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Whos loves a good tabletop dice only game?
Even though this site seems like the right place to advertise and ask about your game, it's really not. The other games you mentioned are not high on most people's list on here as today's games seem to be much better the less luck is involved. This community for sure knows what it wants and a simple all luck no decision dice chucker isn't in high demand here. The majority of us have dozens to hundreds or maybe even thousands of our own dice and could just use those if we are in the mood for the many simple dice games to be played with dice a pen and some paper. Your game may be great fun but I don't think this is your target audience. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think BGG is your target audience with the game as is. Again, there's zero thinking going on for the player. You could do a minimum effort and make it similar to Yahtzee and have players add in a die which could kill them for every time they want to reroll. This would at least add in push your luck.

FYI, we don't see games like the ones you mentioned because they are incredibly poor games compared to what comes out in today's market. Even something like Pickomino which I consider fairly decent is far better than what you are proposing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Page
Australia
flag msg tools
Thank you for the advice, I Thought BoardGameGeek may have been for ALL types of games I have deleted the post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have the right to add your game into the database here. We have the right to rate it as we see fit, which to be honest, isn't going to be all that good. You have the mindset for an old school game, which will work for some people and certainly ones who like those types of games. The posters on BGG are going to lean heavy on more modern games where at least a single decision is involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.