Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Bangerter
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the Kickstarter, and an now torn between waiting for the retail version and trying to find a Kickstarter version.

The question is, how good are the expansions? What sort of gameplay do they add? And can they all be played together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have yet to finish the paid expansions. They are only delivering the core with stretch goals that have a couple mini expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions are actual expansions, they add new mechanics to mix things up after you've played the base game many times. You don't need to have them to have the gsme be 'complete.' You also can buy most of the expansiins at retsil later if you decide you want them. You shouldn't use them all together, it would turn the game into a bloated mess. Instead swapping in one or two on a playthrough would let the added mechanics and events shine properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
Eragar wrote:
I missed the Kickstarter, and an now torn between waiting for the retail version and trying to find a Kickstarter version.

Don't bother with KS version, core box already has lot of content. The game is tough even without extras (which add complexity).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd say go retail as your first campaign is without add-ons any way.

The only KS exclusive is the heart of the city which doesn't seem to a lot besides more stuff to find a place for (and the plastic model itself is awful).

Your best playing first then maybe adding to what you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.